N3 Notary registration package

I received a phone call, then an email from N3 Notary. In the phone call they were requesting an I9 Employee Verification with a fee of $20.00. I did advise the lady that I was not willing to do an hour drive for a 20.00 verification and counter offered 100.00. She stated she would have to speak with some other person but if not able to get that offer if I would be willing to do jobs that are closer

I received an email from them and I am very skeptical about clicking on the link which states: Please click on the link below into your browser to login and download our Notary Registration Pac. ???

Has anyone received a email like this?

I have not…but 16.5 years in this business and reading these forums, trust me when I say

1. Research this company before you spend time on a registration packet …

2. The fee offered should be a tipoff to you

3. What state are you in? Are you allowed to do I9s?

Good luck

1 Like

@ZTroutman Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! :sparkles::gift:

It’s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them. A great start of research would begin within the Notary Cafe forums Search Function.

To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ‘chasing’ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

======

Performed a cursory Search on the 1st two words in your thread title & there is MUCH to read (not-so-great) about the business entity (24 threads). Many threads reflect that they’re NOT PAYING for the professional services successfully provided. Here is the direct Notary Cafe url:

https://forum.notarycafe.com/search?q=N3%20notary

:swan:

Thank you Linda, I had done some research on this company prior to posting this and did not find very many good reviews. 2nd, the offer was my first tip off and to be honest I was not even familiar with I9’s. I am in Ohio.

1 Like

I have done a number of I9’s for them. Never a problem with payment. You need to follow procedure exactly. I have done them in 15 minutes or less and had a few issues waiting online that took 30-45 minutes. I ask for more pay if its far off. Max they will go is $30. If you are in a city and can do a few together or between assignments its great. I live in a rural area and refuse any that are too far away. I am not driving 45 miles each way, plus. Time for the job for the job for $30. Gas is too expensive

1 Like