NB Notaries - Scam?

I took an assignment from NB Notaries 43 days ago and still no payment. I’ve sent 2 invoice and called many times only to got to voicemail. Has anyone else had this experience? On signing order they state they pay within 30 days. Wondering if I need to escolate my collection attempts.

Thanks for the info. I had never heard of them so I was reluctant to accept the signing!

@lindaa I see you’ve been a Notary Cafe member for a while . . . did you perchance perform a Search of the GOLDMINE database within the Notary Cafe forum threads?

There are several that do WARN about non-payment/slow payment. Here is the direct url to a page listing the above-referenced threads:

Search results for ‘NB Notaries’ - Notary Cafe Forums

It’s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them. A great start of research would begin within the Notary Cafe forums Search Function.

Most members find it difficult/nearly impossible to locate the Search Function in order to access the wealth of info available within the database.

To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ‘chasing’ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

:swan:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.