Need help with affidavit of consideration and disbursement

I have a signing in Maryland containing an affidavit of consideration and disbursement
it says I hereby verify that on this… day of… before me, the subscriber, a notary public of the state of… personally appeared …, the agent of the part secured by the foregoing deed of trust and made oath in due form of law …
AS witness: my hand and notarial seal
notary public

SHOULD I SIGN THIS OR NOT?
Please reply ASAP
Thank you

No, that last page, “affidavit of consideration” is for the title company to fill out, swearing the lender’s funds(consideration) are good.

4 Likes

(CA) OK, I am NOT, NOT, NOT refuting what dragonbkm advises. But, how does the notary asking the question know that dragon’s answer is correct? (I’m not sure, but what do I know - and, isn’t that my point?). Where is the authority for the response/advice? Again, it may be completely accurate, but how does one know?
Advice given on this site should always be validated either by the advisor or the notary deciding to accept it. Risky business, this free offering of what appears to be authoritative advice.
And, no offense intended, dragon.

2 Likes

Correct, always ask your hiring party.

I’m a MD notary and SS owner and have filled out over 1,000 of our DOT for the OP’s reference.

It would be sooo helpful if they ditch the 1700s lingo and use english!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 24 days. New replies are no longer allowed.