New Fidelity Industry Standard for PSA Fee Collection from the Signers for All Transactions

I would like to see the number of pages for the closing before I make the bid to them. Like sometimes it may say 35 pages and then it turns out to be 96 pages. The notary would have a lower fee if the time and paper costs is 35 pages compared to 96 pages. So the company should tell what type of closing it is and number of pages and if there are scanbacks when they put it out there for an offer.

Iā€™ve seen Texas buyer closing packages as large as 380 pages, after being told it was only 100 pages. Iā€™ve sent them back for being dishonest with me. I had one unique closing that I was told was a Refi. It was a 1031 exchange closing. These are complex closings that involve Federal and sometimes State Taxation, a minimum of two properties, and 1031 trust holding company.

1 Like

Unknown page counts seems to be a bigger issue when a signing service is in-between the title company and the notary.

I do not understand why a signing services doesnā€™t require their customers to provide all the details before scheduling the notary.

I can see how that works for the signing service; after all they are not doing the printing, driving, and closing.

Be that the case, couldnā€™t the signing services have conditions/requirements for their customer to get the set price. Like, $xxx dollars for up to 135 pages, up to xx miles, and docs the day before the appointment?

A signing service that presents the title company to the notary and vice-versa, looking for best interest of both sides would make for a better signing service.

@notary Good Morning => reaching out to check on any further updates regarding this topic please.

:swan: