New Jersey Signing Agents

Hi, I am a new signing agent just want to introduce myself on this platform :wave:
Please drop some jewels here to help the next agent on their journey…trust it come back times 10! :100:

3 Likes

Good morning and welcome Mosley :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m also NJ commissioned.
Do you have all the equipments that you will need?.. printer and scanner.
Have you registered signing services platforms?

Hello BluePen!
Thanks for replying. I surely don’t but I am working on it lol. I just read so many forums on what type of printer/scanner to get, or at least start off with.

How has the business been for you this far?

At first it was a little bit discouraging because of the low offers from the signing service companies, but as you get more experience and learn how to curb the ball it gets better. Just read as much as you can all the forums, especially for newbies. Stand by your own fees and don’t let low ballers to intimidate you. There are plenty of topics about FEES, PRINTERS and SCANNERS.
Good luck :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the advice! I am glad to hear “it gets better” that is reassuring and I haven’t even got my 1st signing yet. Eager for experience but will be cautious as well when it comes to accepting low ball offers for a signing. Yes I see there is a ton of info floating ard on these platforms to help become successful.

Hello Fellow Jersey Notary/LSA

I am in South Jersey and I am still waiting on my first signing. The emails are inconsistent, but I do get some. Even when I think I am accepting an assignment quickly, it often comes back that the assignment has been taken.
I do have a full time job so I’m not to discouraged but I am all set up and ready to get this ball rolling.
I’ve been doing a lot of reading and always looking to learn.

1 Like

Don’t quick your day job, not yet. It will get better, just be patient and stick to your fees… don’t let low ballers to intimidate you. I know you need to practice but your expenses is the same as the rest. Read the forums about fees and good luck :+1:

Welcome @arceynotary! Same here I still work full-time but have read many times over that patience and knowledge are keys in this industry. Happy to hear you are all set up and ready for work. Keep in touch here in the forum and best of luck moving forward!! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello there!
I feel your pain. I am a newbie and feel like a fish out of water. Joined 3 signing services and just realized that at least one of them might be a scam…should have read the forum earlier :frowning: I haven’t had an assignment yet. I have accepted two but the assignments were taken :0 I am taking it one day at a time and trying to educate myself as best as I can. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Hello there. I am also new and live in Central New Jersey…yes it is a real place😉. I lost my job due to a budget shortfall as a result of COVID-19. I was in education over 20 years and I can’t find a thing. So I did as many have done, I pivoted to reinvent myself. A friend recommended that I try being a signing agent, she thought I would be great at it. I did everything she told me…get a notary commission, get a monochrome 2-tray printer, register a business and get an EIN and sign up with SnapDocs. I received 2 requests from SnapDocs that I accepted but they were assigned to another agent. I am at a loss. I am spending money and making nothing. What other companies should I sign up for and should I take the low offers…when they begin to come…to get the experience to be able to sign up for the other companies that have a minimum signing experience requirement?

1 Like

You need to sign up with more than SnapDocs (and btw, learn how to really work that platform to your advantage - there’s a method to it so you block the low pay/no pay companies, etc)

Go get a basic (or paid if you want) membership at Notary Rotary and start working your way down the list of companies in Signing Central - read the comments and ratings provided by fellow notaries - the good, the bad and the ugly - contact and sign up with 3, 4 and 5 star companies - and keep signing up with companies every single day. The secret for you is market market market - and when you’re done, start over again. Be relentless…keep your name out there with the companies and, while waiting, get business cards out in your community to title companies, hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, etc etc, and hone your notary skills so you have your skills and your laws down cold.

Also, be sure to get yourself an EIN and NEVER give your Social security # to anyone - use your EIN - 5 minutes on irs.gov

Good luck

4 Likes

@LindaH-FL can you please explain the method how to avoid low ballers?
On my part I just edited my profile and put a minimum for refinances, I hope that works and stop receiving $75-$90 refinances, which I just totally ignore :wink:

1 Like

I am not on SnapDocs as I don’t do loan signings - but many here and on Notary Rotary are and I’ve read what they’ve said about the platform; you have to make the platform work to your advantage.

The only suggestions I have about avoiding those predators is do your research - look up every company you sign up with and every company that calls you - and believe the notaries that have gone before you. For Example: If a company listed on Notary Rotary’s Signing Central has consistent 1, 2 and 3 star ratings, much of it due to slow pay, low pay, lack of communication, etc etc - don’t for a minute think you’re going to be any different. They may pay you quickly for the first couple but that will be about it;

BELIEVE what others have said - be picky about who you work for -

2 Likes

I’ll take that into consideration. I spend good part of the day rejecting offers less than $100, and I’m at a point where I don’t even bother answering or asking for more money. At first I tell them “my fee is $125 plus depending on distance and your demands”. I’m putting in my profile pages $175 plus, and I’ve been getting calls for good offers. In SnapDocs I just put $175 plus, to see if low ballers stop calling me or think about making more decent offers.

Thank you. I signed up for Notary Rotary and I am about to work my way down the New Jersey list and then branch out.

Not just the New Jersey list - you want the national list - ALL the companies - don’t forget - internet commerce has a long reach.

2 Likes

Got it. Thank you! I will expand my search.