New notary, can get signings

cN’sa5,
Thank you for your insight. It is very helpful. I use snapdocs for getting most of my signings. I respond to the text notifications when a signing is available. The problem is the initial notification does not provide the number of or pages involved and sometimes doesnt list the type of signing (ie: HELOC, Refi, Reverse etc) or # of signers. This makes it difficult determine if the price being offerred is sufficient. QUESTION: Is good practice to accept the assignment and then negotiate price if you find out the job involves 16 notarizations…multiple signers and documents are 200 pgs? I dont want to miss a good assignment. I once got stuck with 200pg signing with two signers and 18 notarization for $75 :grimacing: :unamused:

LindaH-FL
Thank you for the insight. I appreciate your feedback :slightly_smiling_face: Is there anyway to find out the type of signing and number of pages of an assignment before you accept a signing. I use snapdocs and once accepted a signing not knowing there were excessive pages and signers. The scheduler seem agitated when I asked for more pay due to the excessive amount pages in document (200+ and number of notarizations) After I committed and recieved the docs I realized the price was way too low :woozy_face:

I honestly can’t answer that question - I got out of the craziness just as SnapDocs was starting to be relevant so, thankfully, never got tangled up in their mess. (and my apologies, but reading what you folks go through w/ SD, yes IMO they’re a tangled mess).

I always assumed a 125-135 page pkg for a refi and based my fee on that; if it came in larger I might or might not ask for more - but how much larger? 10 pages vs 35-50 pages would make the difference whether I asked for more or not. Keeping in mind, too, back then notaries had a direct relationship with the actual hiring party and did not have to go through a “platform” for negotiation and common sense discussions about appropriate fees.

I can’t say I was ever underpaid for any job - at least not where I wasn’t partially responsible for not asking for more. But that was just me an back then.

@pkillebrew Thank You. :angel::pray:

Interestingly, my response would mirror LindaH-FL’s post nearly verbatim . . . as I also don’t engage SD for clients.

Specifically, regarding your “QUESTION” noted above, my business plan would replicate LindaH-FL’s reply:

Best Wishes :swan:

1 Like

That means that the signing will be for someone selling a property only, no loan involved and they want you to scan the docs back, probably hold on to them for 14 days, and then shred.

@Robin3 It appears that your post may be for someone else on this thread. :slight_smile:

I’ve provided these services for more than a decade and have successfully completed thousands of Signing Orders, which include Purchases, Refis, HELOCs, Seller Packages, Reverse Mortgages, loan modifications, etc.

You may want to adjust who you’re responding to on this post. If you’re uncertain as to how to make the adjustment, reach out to the Notary Cafe Administration Team.

@Robin3 cNsa5 wasn’t asking that - she was quoting someone else’s post for reference.

And I would never hold Seller docs for 14 days then shred…somewhere in that package is a signed CD and a signed original conveyance instrument, which needs to be recorded, along with Tax Reporting forms - no way do you shred a Seller package. JMO

1 Like

:100: Percent Concur @LindaH-FL

Thank You.
:swan:

1 Like

If all your assignments were seller side you could print a dozen loans from one ream of copy paper. At $65 a pop this activity should be looked at as a marketing opportunity unless your client is leaving California like most of them are. In that case you will never hear from them again.

1 Like

Initially I took everything that came via snapdocs and often for low fees. I get text alerts and you do have to be pretty fast. You need to know ,locations so you don’t spend the time seeing where the assignment is before saying yes. Learn the zip codes. I like snapdocs. but every once in a while they dry up. Work is limited right now so many schedulers go with who they know before they put a job out for bid. There really isn’t a short cut. You just have to plow along. In my experience anyway.