New Notary/ Loan Signing Agent

Good Morning I have a quick question. Im new to this industry, and I have be a notary for about 3 months now. Im in the Austin Texas area and found it hard to receive assignments from signing services when I do get the text messages maybe once a week but its at times where I am at my 9-5. Any advice on trying to increase signing services. I was hoping to have signings in the evening but found it hard to receive them I signed up for about 20 companies and was denied by Amrock and Bankserv due to experience or having less than 100 signings. Any advice on how to get the experience as a loan signing agent. I took the Notary2Notary course and signed up for most of the companies that was given but found out a lot of the signing serves are on snapdocs. Any Advice will be helpful. Thank You

Top bar to the right - hover your cursor over the blank space, you’ll find a magnifying glass - if you search keyword “newb” “new LSA” “new notary signing agent” “newbie” you will find a wealth of posts addressing your issue - you will probably also find many Texas-specific posts. (BTW thanks for letting us know where you are!!)

Best of Luck to you

1 Like

Welcome aboard! In addition to what @LindaH-FL stated, unfortunately, you also came in at a bad time (for loan packages anyway) as interest rates are now triple what they were at their lowest (and may only continue to rise). Continue to get experience where you can and market yourself, and use the down time to become fluent with your state laws (for notaries) and the industry. There is a very good PLUS side to your timing coming in, and that’s by taking advantage of the “slow ride” to enhance your skills and education on what we do. I can’t tell you how many Signing Agents that got burned trying to learn this business at the table because they didn’t want to miss the “fast ride.” Hope this helps, and best of luck to you!

2 Likes

IMHO… it’s a good thing you have a full time job and I am guessing that you signed on hoping to make this a supplemental income source. I know many hold full time jobs and do it part time and I often wonder how they make it work. I do it full time and at the end of the day I’m exhausted with the amount of effort this business takes to truly be successful. I wish you luck as you move forward but 20 services is not enough. Go to 123 Notary and look at the signing services with 4 stars and up and go from there.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.