New Notary Signing Agent

I recently have become a Notary Signing Agent in the state of New Jersey, and was looking for some good places and websites to start looking for work. I have a one year period with the National Notary Association and their platform, but I was also looking at doing ROM’s, though there are different ROM’s out there and I want to know which ones are the best, with the fastest payout and volume of work.

I am aware from reading on here and other notary sites that the market is really bad right now due to inflation and interest rates being very high, but I see this as a good little side gig while I look to pursue a career as a mortgage underwriter. Any helpful hints or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Your timing is bad for anything real estate/loan/refi/mortgage related. It’ll be a while before there’s much (any!) demand. Sad, sorry, but true

3 Likes

@Arichter is right… you are in a high area saturated with notaries who are not getting steady work from even their preferred clients. I only say this right now because I have 5 notaries that I know of that used to do it full time contemplating going back to a W2.

I’m glad though that you are doing this as a side hustle… don’t jump in right now cause it’s cold out here in the Notary world.

3 Likes

The industry has reached the end of an unusual period off excessive demand for NSAs. As a result fees are now low and offerings are scarce. As @donaldsonnp noted, many are heading back into regular jobs or launched a new business venture. With a softening economy it’s getting more difficult to find a regular job, so I’d expect an increase in ads claiming being an NSA is a good alternative for generating an income.

1 Like

One can only HOPE that maybe the owner’s of those business entities who’d be purchasing that Advertising will enable & activate their own Moral Compass to guide them to provide the truth & the valid insights => instead of misleading "selling the sizzle without any steak . . . " i.e., greed mentality.

======

The insight I usually provide does apply in this instance . . . be certain that you perform your OWN due diligence, research, check out the potential Return on Investment [ROI] prior to investing your life’s savings (or even a large chunk of change) into a venture.

This will help you to locate & evaluate the RISKS associated with that possible venture BEFORE you’re too heavily invested in it!

:swan:

1 Like

@rfoussadier92 Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum!

Here are a few threads that you’ll likely find insightful, elucidating, & helpful:

WHY NOT BECOME AN NSA NOW =>

WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT/WHAT TO EXPECT =>

HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR COSTS & CREATE A SCHEDULE OF FEES =>

======

I’ve also separately direct linked two additional threads that you may also find helpful.

:swan:

1 Like

Go hard!!! #jerseygirl Snapdoc signingorder and much more. RON try Bluenotary. Good luck…

I agree…I have direct escrow officer clients being layed off :sob: :sob: :sob:
I went from making 12K per month to this month only bringing in $900. Yep not missing any zeros in that number unfortnately :frowning: Not a good time to be in this industry.

2 Likes