New to notary in Maryland

I am just curious as to how much is the going rate for a mobile notary service? I will just be doing general notary work as for now. Thanks in advance

Hi…I answered you on NotRot but will post here so you see it

From your handbook from July, 2019 - new changes are going into effect 10/1/2020 - not sure if fees are being changed then. But here… page 16

1. What charges and fees may a notary public make?

In accordance with State Government Article, §18-112, Annotated Code of Maryland, the Secretary of State is required to issue regulations regarding notarial fees:
a. A notary public may demand and receive a fee of not more than $4.00 for the performance of an original notarial act.
b. When a notary public is requested to notarize more than one copy of the same document, where the copy or copies have been signed at the same time by the person or persons, the notary may demand and receive not more than $4.00 for notarizing each signature on the original or first copy of the document, and may demand and receive not more than $1.00 for each signature on each additional copy of the same document.
c. When a notary public is requested to make reproductions of a notarized document by photocopying or other means, the notary may demand and receive not more than $1.00 for each copy furnished

1. May a notary public make any other charges?
    A notary public may demand and receive reimbursement at the prevailing rate for mileage established by the Internal Revenue Service for business travel and a fee not to exceed $5 for travel if required for the performance of a notarial act (the IRS mileage rate for 2019 is 58 cents per mile). A notary public may also charge $2.00 for certifying a copy of an entry in the notary’s register of official acts.

2020 IRS mileage rate is 57.5 cents per mile.

Good luck

Thanks so much, I hope to learn from you all.