NNA Trained vs LSS

I’ve been trying on and off for 1 year to get NNA to add that YES beside “Notary Essentials” and “NSA Training Completed” to avail. What the NNA agents have continuously explained is that because I did the Mark Wills (LSS) course I’m not NNA Trained, however, “Promotion to NSA” has already been checked. Recently they have assured me that it should not affect me getting any business.
My signing agent profile would read: Notary Essentials Completed: NO.
NSA Training Completed: NO

I recently completed Notary Essentials… again, and the Notary Signing Agent Training with the NNA. Nothing changed on my profile. Two weeks later I called and Notary Essentials was updated. Another phone call a few days later and finally I see “NNA Trained and Certified” on my Signing Agent profile and my top tier badge says Certified, Background Screened, TRAINED.

I was about to download my NNA NSA certificate and the webpage still has “Launch” and the date I passed the exam. No certificate. :joy:

What am I doing wrong?

The NNA doesn’t provide a certificate for passing NSA courses. It is only reflected on your profile.

2 Likes

I’ve been on that list for 22 years and not one call. Your problem is not figuring out that the NNA is marketing to you, not for you.

We join the NNA because they advocate for us. A powerful voice on behalf of all notaries. Notary swag, stamps, e&o, hotline, and supplies, are all just icing on your cake.

There are just a couple of ways to make money. One is to spend money on ads. Or join a signing services stable of notaries and let them pay for marketing.

4 Likes

If you’ve been trained and doing work, I wouldnt sweat it unless someone specifically asks. I was shocked that my first direct title company didnt ask for any credentials at all. Im not sure that they’re all like that but seriously, I met the company at a grand opening for a new realtor office and gave them a card. They never asked anything.

1 Like

I was a bit surprised that the signing service needed that because it’s on my NNA profile, which I completed. I did verify with NNA and was told to screenshot and upload. I think if you’re experienced enough you might not need more than the NNA background screening.
Thanks for responding.

Thanks Patricia. Per NNA because of fraud I have to screenshot and upload it. Apparently they used to do that.

I hope I don’t have to wait that long for a call. I think in the beginning we need NNA. I don’t see much usefulness after that. Other companies offer similar services. I realize that I gave to do my own marketing. Thanks for the response.

@heathermblake48 Please know that the comment above about that organization purportedly advocating for Professional Signing Agents [PSAs] is, in all honesty, a less than truthful summation of their efforts . . .

Reference this thread for additional information by sages who know first-hand and who haven’t “consumed any of the Kool-aid” from them:

:swan: