No thank you………………….…

I don’t know about you all, but I have 4 printers for this business. 3 Brother. And 1 HP. I print on two brother machines at the same time so I don’t have to wait for it to cool down and plus I can move faster. The 3rd brother machine is a backup so I don’t panic in case one is not working properly. I also use two large computer displays. Need to have different devices in order to do this job effectively. Desk top, iPad, iPhone, AirPods, etc.
And of course stock up on supplies such as paper-letter and legal, mail back envelopes UPS and FedEx, toner, drum, etc… That’s why you don’t want to take low fees! Not cheap to run this business!

4 Likes

Exactly! I only have 2 printers (both HP), plenty of stock on hand such as toner, paper, envelopes, pens, etc. (Drum, fuser covered under insurance for machines). I will not accept an assignment that will not meet my overhead fee list. More newbies need to fully realize their overhead expenses and stop accepting lowball fees.

1 Like

I absolutely love this setup and will modify my current one. Thanks for the example and feedback.
Valerie

1 Like

No thanks………………….…….

No thanks………………….…….

1 Like

Once can print ALL ON LETTER in case legal NOT available.
Just make sure that it auto prints entire contents
Select Fit or Shrink Oversized pages to allow printer to fit all contents to letter.

Have seen a lot of wastage on legal papers. No one uses it anymore. Just some software provided by these companies, that product lender docs have not bothered to upgrade and no one sent them a memo about paper wastage.

Paper industry is one of the MOST polluting to environment.
So what can we notaries do to help the environment?

Print Smart !

Woah!! I had not heard that and it certainly is not what I am reading from orders.

Beware “shrinking to fit” on the security instrument or anything that’s going to be recorded - most if not all states/counties/cities have a minimum font size along with specific margin sizes that are acceptable; if you shrink to fit those recordables too much they not may record.

Probably why most companies state not to shrink to fit. Now, the borrowers’ copy, on the other hand, is a different story - just pray you don’t have a “whoopsie” in signing/notarizing the document and have to swap the page out for the borrowers’ copy.

3 Likes

No thanks………………….…….

1 Like

Concur with LindaH-FL, especially in regard to both of the above situations. :sparkles::blush:

1 Like

No thanks………………….…….

The young lady at the Fedex store told me that she couldn’t give me very many purple label pouches because they’re running out of them and need to keep a supply for counter-customers. That’s fine. I guess Fedex isn’t prepared to handle deliveries for those of us who bag at our office or home. No pouches for YOU :astonished:

I need a backup car but my wife won’t let me have one, even if Brother makes it. Dang. :wink:

Bobby…everybody… go online and open your own Account with both FedEx & UPS, Then you can simply order as many envelopes, paks, label holders as you need and get them in 2 - 3 days.
Although this practice isn’t common anymore, do NOT order labels (cuz they have been providing pre-printed labels for 10 years now).
FedEx is very good about giving you whatever you need. Tho’ it’s best to order their minimum (or at least small amounts) more often as it tends to show an ‘active’ accouint.

UPS is a whole 'nother ballgame. Definitely order minimums and spread your orders out so you’re ordering frequently during the year (again ‘active acct’) or they will close your account in a New York minute. If you can get to talk with a UPS Rep, tell them you’re a ‘3rd party shipper’ & explain it—then maybe they won’t cloise your account.

4 Likes

Good advice, Arichter. However, I’ve had nothing but problems trying to establish an account with FedEx.

In my first-hand experience (like Bobby4913), FedEx & UPS are quite reticent to provide label sleeves & shipping envelopes through a business and/or personal account, especially for ‘3rd party shippers.’

When I’ve ordered online, the order is never fulfilled with either FedEx or UPS. So, I’d call in to place the order. The representative clearly and unequivocally would state: “there is no record of you shipping on a basis of needing these type of supplies. This is why we don’t fulfill those online orders.”

I’d reiterate that most of the time I’m a 3rd party shipper. The reply would be that they don’t support it & to find supplies locally at the locations where I handoff the packages. :astonished:

I kid around with the FedEx people at their store and generally get what I want. UPS, not so much. But my local AIM Mailbox store is very kind and helpful to me and they handle 90% of my shipping as they are authorized by FedEx and UPS. They’re fortunately about a mile away. So, develop your relationships, if you can. That is ALWAYS my best advice for almost everything you do in business.

I was told through several clients on shipping info not to ship docs in “paks” as it costs more for the account paying for shipping. However, the packages I’ve been getting have been close to 200 pages in them and the envelopes won’t close effectively enough to keep it safe and guess who will be to blame if it comes apart. So do I send back an envelope that is secured from top to bottom with packing tape? That costs more. I almost want to tell them I’ll pay for shipping and you’ll pay for my increase so I can safely send these very legal and official documents that signers had to probably wait almost 45 days for to secure one of the biggest investments of their lives. So do you want to discuss the cost of a “pak” now mr/ms company pinch penny? Fa La La La Laaa, La La La La :mrs_claus:t2:

1 Like

You can also order online the adhesive shipping labels from FEDEX and just print your label instead of placing into a pouch. It will save you the hassle and and few seconds of time to print and stick. (I also use the same labels to print UPS shipping labels).
T

wow. I thought i was the only one with all the extras.