Non-Payment

Has anyone had experience with a company not paying? If so, what recourse did you take to resolve the matter? Thanks in advance for your response.

Contact Title Co or If you need a fast answer, try ‘search’ by clicking on the magnifying glass that magically appears when you hover your mouse over the upper right area of the dark brown bar at the top of this page!

1 Like

Reach out to who gave you the signing and work your way UP! NEVER go after the signer, as they are not the one’s who hired you. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment, I would never seek payment from the company’s client, if anything I am hoping they are paid according to the agreement the company has with them. The business in question is not a signing company, quite honestly I have NEVER had a problem receiving payments from them. This company contacted me to verify two signers in my area, and notarize 3 -4 documents x 2, plus I had to act as a witness and provide a witness for the signers because they did not have anyone, print their documents twice, twice because at the first meeting the signers noticed something in the contingency payment fee page that did not line up with what they agreed to on the phone with the company, so they called and mysteriously the person they spoke with was out of the office, and another person who answered was not familiar with their file, well needless to say they did not sign. Two days later the person for the company calls again and says he has the problem squared away with the client, and could I meet with them again, he would send the revised documents ( which I printed AGAIN ), because the clients who are two sisters were a pleasure to meet, I said no problem… Da Da Da Da Da, it goes on from there with incompetence on the company’s part. I completed what was necessary at the meeting, scanned the docs back, and according to the email they sent, I would be paid following approval of the scans, HA! well the scans were approved, I did not receive payment, but did receive a shipping label 2 weeks later to print and send back the docs. You live and you learn, I will chalk this up to a learning moment. I WILL NEVER ACCEPT ANOTHER CALL FROM THEM AGAIN.

Thank you, but the company isn’t a Title company, I’m sure if I gave the name Someone will recognize it and probably have their own gripes about them.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.