Notary commission expiration date

So it was time to renew my commission and I started on the 28 of February. I just found out that my commission may not be ready by the expiration date. Any idea on what I will have to do with all of the companies that I’m signed up with

Some may not send you any assignments if you do not have some number of days left on your commission that they set, perhaps 7 or 30 days. Once you receive your new commission you can upload it to their websites and everything will go back to normal.

I used to have this problem all the time because the last day of all Vermont notaries used to be February 10th in the year following a presidential election. The assistant judges who appointed us didn’t take office until February 1st, so only had 10 days to get all the notaries in their county reappointed. Now Vermont notaries can renew about 6 weeks in advance.

Depending upon the co…e-mail w/attached Commission or upload to their site It’s a CHORE, but you gotta do it or they’ll drop you. Some send warning notices; most don’t.

1 Like

We cannot perform notarizations without a valid notary stamp. Once your stamp expires, you have not choice but to go on hiatus until your new notary stamp arrives. If the companies you are signed up with allow you to block your schedule, do it.

What state are you in? Each state has issues since COVID ~ many due to lack of personnel.

Unfortunately, you will have to wait…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.