Notary fees DOWN. Inflation UP. Disney now paying $18 hr for entry level jobs

Hmmm . . .

Unable to discern if this is accidentally very clever

OR

simply a “Fingographical error

:rofl:

I also find that ridiculous. When I make an offer I never get a reply back.

It was an error, but I’ll take the clever. Seems very appropriate.

Yes, as anticipated a “fingographical error;” however, you’re spot on with “Seems very appropriate,” which is precisely why I hesitated and was unable to unequivocally discern intent . . . :grin:

Never know => you could’ve just conceived a new term for the sense of effluence from the COVID-19 epoch/pandemic.

FYI: Article - “New Words We Created Because Of Coronavirus

:swan:

I am in Phoenix, AZ and while driving through my local In n Out Burger shop I noticed a for-hire sign advertising a starting wage of $18-22 hr. It was a little depressing knowing that the full-time gig I picked up with a prominent insurance co 7 years ago was paying only $2 hr more and they required a bachelor’s degree to be hired and that neither rate was enough to rent an apartment here.

Prior to the collapse of the RE industry due to inflation, I quit accepting assignments from signing companies because I quickly realized at the rate they were paying there was no profit in it for me after expenses were deducted. Instead, I took the time to build up my general notary work and that is what has allowed my company to survive. I now only accept loan signings from the title company directly and not for less than $150 and they provide printed documents or I charge extra for printing.

1 Like

Hmmmm…1 year? Those of us old enough to have lived through the 70’s inflationary period will remember it took the U.S. about 10 yrs to climb out of it.

I now only accept loan signings from the title company directly and not for less than $150 and they provide printed documents or I charge extra for printing.

Yes. You woke up. If you ckeck my profile. you’ll see that’s the first sentence. We only accept signings from TC’s or attorneys ONLY. Never get a call from SSs .

1 Like

It is going to get worse unfortunately. With the movement of B.R.I.C.S world powers are trying to make the petrol yuan #1 currency in the world. Crazy times were living in. Wishing everyone the best of luck out there.

2 Likes