Notary SCAMMERS Beware!

Sorry to hear that. I hope they didn’t get a significant amount from you? Yes these listing sites make us vulnerable to solicitations from scammers so just be mindful.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve learned my lesson and I am very mindful now. They got 100 or so from me.

1 Like

I always ask for a business E-Mail address (if they cant provide such or provide a Gmail, yahoo or similar then hang up. If they do provide it ask them to send you information by E-mail including a copy of their Business ID and Business phone number. (google the business name for matching number ) ask them the business address. Ask who they work for at said location (call and verify using only a google search number for that venue) .
If all goes well and you really want to know if the are real tell them you have other business partners that need to talk to them and you prefer to do it over zoom. Record the meeting so you have a picture of there person, ask for ID during the meeting with a DL to match, if they cant or refuse hang up. if you get that far it is probably a real business.

If they try to avoid any of the above or they are scammer you wont get to far they will usually hang up.
Rather than giving card number over phone to zelle pay the bank will have information on them if its a scam. They wont want to go through any of the above…

1 Like

Would you believe they called me again?!? Told the yutz on the other end that we all knew it was a scam and to find a new industry to prey on.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this post, I love our notary community always helping each other out!

I received the same call!

Be Glad you didnt go through with it.
Unfortunately, as a newbie, I agreed, Paid, submitted what nneeded to be printed, Requested Numerous times for a copy of the ‘print’, even requested info re When it would be printed and sent to the GC, and got Nothing. Then, some dude gets me back on the phone just Months after i paid, I adv i didnt have any time to talk, and All-of-a-sudden, More $$$ was taken out of my account. I was LIVID. I Immediately called, Demanded a supervisor, spoke to her, she Tried to Claim I ‘agreed to it’ at the Initial time I took out the ad, stating it was a Partial payment initially.

I Pulled my electronic Receipt and READ it to her, Word for Word, and addv if my funds werent returned IMMEDIATELY, id have my atty on the phone. She reversed the charge real quick wile i was on the phone.

I Will say, it Is a so-called ‘legit’ biz. HOWEVER, they are Unethical, Liars who Stress and Manipulate to get the Sale. They Dont provide what you ask, and, of All the ‘ads’, Promos, etc., I’ve done over the past YEAR, its the ONLY one that Never resulted in even ONE contact.

Now, considering I Ask Every person who contacts me Where they found me, there is Zero Possible way if over 1000 ‘ad cards’ were distributed I, as the ONLY NSA listed, I wouldnt get even One inquiry, when i get contacted Almost Every day due to my Notary Cafe, Notary Stars, Notary Resume, Google Biz page, Nextdoor, LinkedIn, FB Biz page, Snapdocs and SO account. Heck, i get lots from my biz cards via UPS and FedEx, just for people needing something notarized they don’t do. There is No Way Possible my Biz card/post Wouldn’t generate at Least ONE inquiry.

#LessonLearned