Notary SCAMMERS Beware!

I don’t usually post on here but after my experience today with this particular scammer, I felt it is imperative that I let others know. I was contacted by an alleged representative from the Scammer website link alleged “Direct Fairways” company who said they wanted to know if I would be interested in placing an advertisement on their golf course yardage card. He went on to explain how their golf course is frequented my various title officers and mortgage officers who would see my ad. This caught my attention and sounded like a great idea. Long story short, he explained how this ad would cost $399 for the year. It was a little expensive but I thought it was a good idea because it’s a one time fee for a year.

I was seemingly on board until he wanted me to pay. This representative (named “Lorenzo Quinones”, not sure if this is a fake name) was set on me paying right then and there, before the call ended. I told him I would need more time to think and research. He said that it’s in my best interest to pay now and reserve my spot because he can’t guarantee that other representatives won’t fill my spot. I was reluctant because I wanted to do more research and get more info. He still continued to pressure me to provide him my visa card info. He even offered to discount the price from $399 to $375 if I could pull over and provide him my visa card info (I was driving at the time). All in all, he kept pressuring me to give him my visa card info and I refused and eventually hung up because he made me feel so uncomfortable.

He called back again later when I was off the road and tried again. By this time, I realized they were scammers and I wanted to play with them by wasting their time. I pretended to act as if I was seriously interested by asking various legitimate questions. After all this, I then explained how I knew they were scammers and gave them a very stern but respectful lecture. He then replied, “AT THE END OF THE DAY, WE WILL FIND ANOTHER NOTARY”. This left me so shocked and appalled to hear which is why I felt it was very necessary to post this and warn other fellow notaries so we can prevent anyone from getting scammed. I have never met a scammer who was so bold enough to say we don’t care if you know we’re scammers because we will find another notary to scam. Can you believe the nerve? Ugh

PLEASE GUYS NEVER GIVE MONEY OR CARD INFO OVER THE PHONE!! ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK AND TRUST YOUR GUT FEELING!! BE SAFE YA’LL

22 Likes

Thanks for posting. I received a called from them the other day. I didn’t have time to talk and told them to call me back, but they never did. Thanks again!!

1 Like

I got the same thing on Sunday. Told them that was well above my marketing budget and hung up.

1 Like

You’re welcome! I’m happy to help. Please spread the word so we prevent other notaries from being scammed. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Good job JD! You dodged a bullet there buddy :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Please spread the word and help save other notaries from being scammed.

2 Likes

Absolutely! I tend to stay away from promotions like that anyway. A massage therapist friend of mine used to go to every event possible to hand out cards and market her services, but all she did was waste her time and cards with not a single new customer.
Scam or not, I wasn’t interested in the slightest. We can get enough business through SS and direct without having to pay for it.

2 Likes

I got the same call and said I’m not interested and he hung up fast!

2 Likes

In the last week I’ve had 10 calls from these guys I finally blocked their number

1 Like

Got one last week. Told them that before I approve any marketing costs, I need a rate card and written proposal on letterhead, referencing their company’s EIN for my research and review.

He hung up.

4 Likes

They called me this morning. Sounds good, but I told him to email me more information. He kept talking, and eventually ended with " ok there are other notaries waiting to jump on this.

1 Like

They are vultures. Good job for not paying them any mind :+1:t5:

1 Like

That’s so smart Judi! I’ll keep that in mind next time a scammer calls my phone.

1 Like

Yeah he told me the same thing that there are other notaries. They are LYING! I think they are getting our information from online notary listings. Please do not pay them any mind Kim.

1 Like

I received a call from the same guy (I think) here in Arizona and was told he worked for a local golf course. The pitch sounded amazing so I asked for more info and received a brochure for a golf course that WAS NOT in Arizona. I brushed it off and asked for a website and phone number to be sent to me by email since I was heading to a loan signing, didn’t receive anything.

The next to day a lady called me with the same pitch. I told her I spoke to someone from her company already and wasn’t giving anyone no payment information until I received more information from them other than just their name. She politely said she’ll send me an email. Still nothing :man_shrugging:t5::man_shrugging:t5:. I really didn’t plan on giving them anything. I believe paying for marketing as a notary is pointless and is a waste of money

4 Likes

Wow! Thanks for this, they called me twice. I told them I was a newbie and didn’t have the money to spend. So glad I didn’t fall for it.

1 Like

Hello,

I got the same call and told them what is the website and name so I could look into it more. The lady I talked to even tried to discount it for me.

I’ve been getting all kinds of calls since I started my Notary Business. Even Yelp got me for some money.

1 Like

They hit me up in San Diego too - twice. I told them to take me off their list.

1 Like

Thanks for posting and everyone please be safe. This is just

1 Like

can you share what their number is so I can pre-emptively block them as well?

1 Like

Good job Denaya! Newbie or not. We all deserve respect and we have to look out and protect each other from these vultures.

1 Like