NPN membership enrollment

I did a signing for National Paralegal & Notaries and they automatically enrolled me as a member and deducted the membership fee from my signing fee. When I questioned them about it was in an email they sent me and unless I emailed them back to opt out I was agreeing to the membership.
They were nice enough to offer me a refund, my question is would it be worth keeping the membership for $29? Has anyone dealt with the company? Do you get many signings with them? I’ve found the ones that ask you to pay to play never contact you for signings.

Eva

2 Likes

I personally am not familiar with them, but if the $29 is for a year, I say “why not” especially if they reached out to you directly. If they went through a SS, then makes no sense. If it’s a monthly fee, then you would want to ensure they are going to give you enough work to justify. Some don’t believe in “paying for work,” but the workload they give you will determine if it’s worth it or not. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Do a search here for “npn” - get some refreshments, kick back and get ready to read. Lots of feedback here.

Also, btw, they ARE a SS, so to speak - they are a paralegal and notary network - outsourcing work.

5 Likes

HA! Yes it is a great read! I ignore all notifications from them. lol

3 Likes

Do not join, because there fees for 2 sets of documents
Gas
Paper
Toner
Your time
Is not worth their fee!

Put in No to assignment and put in fee $100 or with scan backs $125

We must stick together as professionals and Notaries
I am a single older woman and need the money but it would cost me or I would make $10
Thank you

2 Likes

The exact same thing happened to me. I had a signing with them, got paid and noticed they deducted $29 for a membership fee that I never asked for. I contacted them but never heard back, and was not offered a refund. Hardly get any work from them.