NSA Course recommendation

I’m looking for recommendations for NSA courses. I have been a notary/NSA now for a year. I have done mostly Refi’s. I would like to expand my NSA knowledge. I know the NNA has some training. Last year I did my background check and an exam with them. I did the same this year but added the $40 membership so I could use their hotline if necessary. They offered another upgrade that would include NSA training and put me on top of their signing list for another $119. Has anyone done this? Is it worth it? I definitely want more training. The last and first NSA training I did was over a year ago before I had done any work as a notary so I need a refresher.

I am in California.

Thank you in advance for your wonderful advice!

Hi Madlilly,

I am in California also. In the San Francisco north bay. I been using NNA for my training and certification every year. I paid for the membership and was put at the top of list. I am only part time and I do get a lot of calls, texts and emails requesting signings. It can be a bit over whelming at times.
I have been an NSA for about 5 years snd everytime I renew with NNA, the training is the same everytime. They have not updated or change it up a bit. They only train on the basics of loan signimg and don’t have any training on running a NSA business. There are private courses out there but they are a bit pricey. I have found free training classes on utube. They are short but informational.

Hope this helps you.

1 Like

I will check out youtube and probably do the training at least once. Thank you!

I would suggest checking out Notary2Pro - they have basic courses, advanced courses, reverse mortgage courses - and I’d wager they keep their courses more up to date than NNA.

Good Luck

I’ll check them out. Thank you!