Opening a Title Company

Hi,
I’m not a notary, yet, however I have an interest in opening a title company.

I have spent some years buying and selling real estate. The part of the process that I really seem to enjoy is the title search and learning about the history of properties.

I’m considering opening a title company, and wondering if you might have any advice to offer.

Is this something that could be in the “small business” category?

1 Like

Quite a major leap from enjoying title searching and learning the history of properties to opening a title company and taking on the liability, issuing policies, and handling a real estate transaction from start to finish - with perfection.

Major consideration - sufficient capital to back your company and keep it afloat and viable while paying your closing agents/signing agents a professional fee.

You don’t say where you’re from - I’d say you need to do a lot of research on what’s required to open a quality company, including checking with the state regulatory agency on their guidelines.

1 Like

Depending on which state you are in, you may find that you have to be a lawyer to operate a title company, or at least hire a lawyer to be on your staff.

3 Likes

Goood evening!

Thank you for sharing to us that you want to become a title agency one of this days. I am here at Scottsdale, Arizona. Please keep me in mind if you do get your own title agency. I have been around for couple of years now.

Good Luck to you and I hope you will find your resources to become one of this days!

Have a great night and will talk soon!

Respectfully,
Joy-Lailani Elenzano
480-220-9581

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.