Packages lost or held at facility unduly

Be ware!!! This location is currently known for holding packages longer than they should be held and theft Maumee OH distribution center

https://www.reddit.com/r/UPS/comments/mrltiq/whats_up_with_the_maumee_ohio_distribution_center/?rdt=64182

Always get a receipt from the shipper when you drop your overnight package. Then If there’s a delay it is not your concern.

2 Likes

thanks for the reminder :slight_smile: I had a situation that could have been really bad. Thankfully
my actions were well documented

Getting that drop receipt has saved my hide several times.

1 Like

FYI: To all Notary Cafe Members regarding obtaining a receipt at the time of package handoff to the Shipper; i.e., FedEx, UPS, etc. =>

Obtaining a RECEIPT at the time of handoff is certainly NOT in any way for the benefit of the client . . .

The client usually NEVER mentions obtaining a receipt, except in rare instances with lowball Signing Services [SSs].

======

Of course, if it’s not for the benefit of your client, one might ask: “Why take the time, gas, effort, etc. to obtain a receipt at handoff?”

= = = = = = > For one very SIMPLE reason: It’s your PROOF that you definitively handed off the package to an employee at the appropriate shipper!

It’s to protect you & your professional reputation. It also gives you peace of mind that it’ll be on the plane & the client can immediately track it’s location. That’s a small price to pay for knowing that you’ve managed the entire Signing Engagement from Start-to-Finish in a professional & efficient manner.

Next question: “Why would one need PROOF that they definitively handed off a package to an employee at the appropriate shipper?”

Because if it “goes missing,” then the backstop tracks directly to the SHIPPER (not you)! Thus, the following doesn’t come into play:

1. Blaming you for not handing the package off.
  2. You providing your professional services for FREE to replace the package that “went missing.”
  3. Charging you the shipment fee for the REPLACEMENT package you’ll send to your client, which will be DEDUCTED from your fee.
  4. Probable erasure from the client’s Preferred List of Professional Signing Agents [PSAs].
  5. Etc.

======

IMPORTANT TANGENTIAL NOTE: There are some handoff locations that are identified as “Authorized Shipper.” Please DON’T be fooled by those signs . . .

1. They aren’t able to SCAN in the tracking data.
  2. They won’t provide you with a receipt.
  3. They won’t guarantee the safety & security of your package.
  4. Etc.

:swan:

1 Like

Great information here, I suppose it’s up to title to know which carrier to trust, not my concern

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.