Paper & Supplies

Starting June 2 they are changing their recycling ink program. You have to buy $50 work of ink from them I order to get the rewards back on the recycling

If anyone lives near McMinnville, Oregon, there’s a guy on Craigslist who is selling legal size paper that he purchased by the pallet for $15 a case. He ran out of letter size, but he still has legal size.

Update: Big Box Store in McMinnville

1 Like

Hello, I do agree with you I am in Palm Springs Ca, and I do take in consideration of print size and remember 2 sets travel and then I decide the price most of the time when a signing comes in, I always turn it down and state that the price is to low and then I would put a price that I know is fair, if they go with another Notary I am absolutely fine with that, but if they do assign you just remember to dot the I’s and cross the Tees so they do not regret their decision after a company uses you a few times and know that they can depend on you not to make mistakes ( nobody’s perfect) I found they gladly will pay what you ask for because they know you will get the job done right Happy Signing.

Where do you buy your papers? I’d order from them. Staples was $26.00 limited special for only 8 reams. Now its I want to say, nearly $40 ish?

I bought and stocked up 3 boxes 2 months ago before the price’s hikes again.

Florian

Im old and decrepit and live in a small condo. No room to store large box of paper, or way to carryvit. I get the bix and leave it in my car. Bring it in one ream at a time.

I managed to get three cases at $40 a piece on letter-size and I’ve got four cases of legal size at $15 a piece. I have a hand truck so basically they’re just at the back door and that is where they will stay for the time being. My office is upstairs so there is no way I can get them anywhere close, so I bring them up a couple of reams at a time every time I go upstairs. I know I could probably get my son here to move all of it, but there’s a sense of Pride with me that I don’t need anybody, not yet anyway. I’m sure that day will come.

Zerbee.com. coupon code right now is spring22.
:slight_smile: I hope this helps

1 Like

Inflation is impacting a lot of our operational costs, paper, gas, and other business supplies. Yes, it is difficult to make a profit with raising costs. Signing fees have declined compared to five to six years ago. All industries are feeling similar experiences. Expecting the title companies and signing services to raise their rates, may not be realistic. Keep in mind, those companies are experiencing the same increased expenses as we. Now, what may be a realistic solution, as to consider changing the way your business operates. I for one, have diversified my business to mitigate these inflationary occurrences. " Albert Einstein stated: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

1 Like

I feel you are disillusioned, newer notaries are always willing to take lower fees. This is definitely happening. My avg was easily 100+ at the start of the pandemic, try and push back on these 60~ offers and see you get beaten out by someone else. These companies think they are funny. It’s the middle man companies too, getting greedy. Most title comanies that hire me directly still have no issues with paying hire. Why? because they don;t really care for 2 reasons: 1: they deal with much higher pay rates than what we get, to them its chumchange 2: they just pass the money paid out to you to the signers in the loan, paying us is no loss to them we have the smallest fees in the list. Even pest inspections and appraisals cost hundred more than we ever charge.

1 Like

Letter: I normally go to Walmart, sometimes sams club, but for somereason sams club paper jams easily.
Legal: I shopped around and found Staples cheaper and got free money back, enough to order some free pens just for signing up for an account. (if you have multiple emails… you could do this more than once?)
Ink: Sun Data Supply, last time I ordered, I got 2 toners (XL ones) and a drum for 50.00~ After using them and almost time to reorder, I can say for the super low cost it’s 100% worth it.

1 Like

Thank you this was very helpful.

1 Like

MOST definitely not "disillusioned here! What is your definition of a “lower fee?” And whatever that is, why would you think that’s my (or someone else’s) definition of a “lower fee?” Do you know how I operate my business? Do you know what my profit margin is? I can say with confidence you don’t. I see you you don’t like “middle man” companies, but yet, it’s still a business, so maybe consider a change to get what you want? Keep in mind that “middle man” companies compete with each other just as we do with other notaries. You got used to eating steak, and now you are eating chicken (analogy here). If you thought you was going to eat steak forever, then you have some homework to do (2000 & 2008). Nothing last forever, especially if you came into this gig thinking you were going to retire from it!

Can Y’all please stay on topic…this is not the place for this discussion

3 Likes

Totally out of line and unnecessary!

4 Likes

Wow! That is smart actually buy at an auction. Hope you can finish all the paper before all things turn to RON. Interestingly I am printing less now. :thinking:

Agreed. I had a $65 offer that was 1 hour 20 minutes away for a refi yesterday. Declined it because it was at the same time I had a $150 refi that was 20 minutes away.
We decide with whom we do business/

1 Like

Letter Size (I typically buy 2-3 cases at a time if I find a good deal). Prices are for 5000 sheets per case from the last few days.
Walmart is out of their $39.97 per case paper. Shipping shows “unavailable”.
Sam’s club was around $34.98 per case but you need to purchase a minimum of 10 cases.
OfficeMax was around $48 per case on sale.
No Staples within 40 miles and Costco/BJs are about a 90 minute drive. Still looking at some online sites that don’t seem sketchy

Walmart is still selling for that $39.97 price in store in my area.

Quill has their brand letter size $34.99 - 20lb, 90 brightness
Didn’t look at legal

1 Like

Staples advantage letter paper $32.99 - 20lb, 92 brightness-10 reams
legal paper $58.99 - 20lb, 10 reams
Free shipping over $40 spent

1 Like