Patriot Act Information Form-Need Help!

Hello Houston, Texas newbie here!

I have a signing today 6/26/21 and need help with the Patriot Act Information Form. I am doing a Tax Closing Loan and it requires me to notarize this form but from all the information I’ve read online it says this document is illegal to notarize? The document actually has the notarization wording except for the Venue so I was going to add a separate acknowledgement form. HELP!

Can you show us the notary wording you’re referring to? Because unless the signer is signing this form (and I have had one or two that required that) this form is not notarized. It usually your signature, Signing Agent and NO STAMP

This could be different…so just curious and trying to help

Here it goes… wording does say “Complete this form in the presence of a Notary”

If you notice there is no venue so I was going to attach a separate acknowledgement… would this be the right thing to do?

Okay…thank you - you can either attach your own cert OR just add the venue (if the rest of the wording is correct for a TX certificate.

And thank you for blanking out the names…good job.

Got it, Thank you so much! This is my 1st type of signing and the nerves are unreal! Much appreciated! I want to make sure this is done correctly. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just breathe…and focus - don’t overthink, notarize don’t analyze

you’ll be fine.

1 Like