Photoinspection.com

Has anyone ever worked for Photoinspection.com? I received an email from them regarding taking exterior photos for inspections.

2 Likes

Similar to WeGoLook etc. Very little money, use their app.

Yes. I have recently done my first job for them. Initially they rejected the photos because they were taken from too far away. (This particular house was 75 yards, plus or minus, from the road.) They asked me to contact the homeowner for permission to walk onto the property to get closer to the house and told me I would be paid for the return trip. I did as they asked and I was paid for the 2nd trip as promised.

4 Likes

Do you have there website?

Hello, approximately how much do they pay for this type of work?

I too received an email from them and signed on. Curious about pay also.

They pay $10-$25 per assignment and the reviews I found from employees were not good

$10-$25 per assignment

$25 MIGHT be acceptable if the work is right close by, like say in town and I’m not investing too much time in it, like say an hour or so. Further away from home and more time spent in a project would certainly have to entail a higher compensation or no dice.

I’m willing to bet that a professional home inspector/appraiser would probably get about $25 per hour for their services, maybe more so if they want me to do an inspector’s work, than they can pay me an inspector’s pay or find somebody else to do it. Not going to undersell myself and do something for nothing or next to it. Time is money and that’s what we’re in this game to do-make money.

There you have it. They’re obviously trying to get a lot of work out of a bunch of newbies for not even a fraction of what they’d have to pay a professional to do this work. It’s a common enough business practice and that’s why I’m generally VERY wary of these companies that reach out to you with an offer that sounds to good to be true. It is and don’t fall for it. If we’re going to be in business, then we need to think like businesspeople.

2 Likes

I, too, received an email from them. $25 doesn’t sound like much. For those who have done so, what’s the average amount of time you spending taking the pictures and notes of the property? Curious!!

Photoinspection.com contacted me the second I became a notary. I figure for the low rate if I just service my small town not the larger bay area, it’s an easy $15 for 5 minutes of work. I am probably driving by there anyway. So, far it’s true.

Are you sure it’s only 5 minutes of work? Many times these inspection companies want a certain number of photos taken, then uploaded along with a form/report that needs to be filled out and uploaded with it - sounds like more than 5 minutes work to me.

1 Like

No, 15 minutes too long. 5 iPhone photos and logging onto their website, and answering 10-15 prefilled questions from my phone in the car. 5 maybe 10 minutes. I have done several and I only sign up for ones in my little town so no driving. There is no scan backs or anything. A month later, a little money shows up in my account. I like these. No special trips or worries.

2 Likes

They pay $12-45 per job depending on the job. I have not been able to contact them via phone to discuss.

Try E&S Inspections if you are Mid-West to West Coast. They pay $20-40 per.

3 Likes