Picture of ups drop

I was asked today to take a photo of me handing docs to ups agent and upload to snap docs , seriously is this what you normally do? I had already dropped off docs and I’m sure the tracking will show that later today. I have done approximately 45 signings now, this was new company and a first for me!

I VIDEO tape my drops when I must use a drop box. I would upload the receipt but its unnecessary as the package will begin tracking. I have closed hundreds of packages and have had several lost for MONTHS so I cover my rear. How can someone accuse me of no drop when I start taping when I exit my car walk to box tape where it says not picked up today place it in drop area I make sure u can see the name on package drop and reopen box to show it dropped

2 Likes

better safe then sorry huh

1 Like

I really never thought about it, I always hand the package to a worker I will start taking photos!

1 Like

But why a photo if handing it to a staff member? That would require getting permission from the person to take their photo, and how about any other employees/customers that might show up in the background?
IMHO, that’s just a bit intrusive, rude and even childish (speaking about the folks who require such a tactic). Both UPS and FedEx provide printed receipts upon request. I don’t see what value a photo adds that isn’t already accomplished/proven with just the receipt.

I do like the video idea when forced to use an un-staffed drop box, although frankly, there’s no better warm and fuzzy feeling than the simplicity of that printed receipt in hand.

2 Likes

my closest store to get a receipt is 2 hr RT. Heck it’s 45 min to the closest drop box. Some SS don’t get that rural folks are just that and insist on not using drop boxes. ugh! and the last drop rural is almost always 10 or 11 in the morning. So I tend to take signings in a couple of larger areas that have multiple ups and fed ex stores.

1 Like

I’ve been reading a lot of posts which states that a drop box isn’t that safe, however if you must use one it is a good idea to video and/or take pics of you using the drop box. If you could, make sure time stamp is on so the company know what date/time you dropped the package(s) off.

all u need is a receipt. UL the receipt to snap docs. I have had 3 packages lost in the last 18 months. One took 3 months and was delivered. One took 8 days (was found under a counter) and the 3rd has never been found. I didn’t have a receipt for the 8 day one and owner of SS asked me to check my car my house etx. I was VERY upset. I knew and could prove by my Google maps I left signing and dropped off directly. Not enough proof. I started making phone calls and tracked it down
The 3 sec of effort to tape drop covers my rear when I have to use drop box.

No. They’re micromanaging you to make sure you actually dropped the docs. You know, like you would do to a child.

“Ok little Suzie! Be sure to go and drop the docs. Take a picture and show us when you’re done, okay? SUZIE! ARE YOU LISTENING?! Take a picture then get the receipt and get right back home!”

I’ve had one service ask me to take a picture of the literal UPS worker and their name tag while I was handing them docs and I just laughed and did exactly what I’ve always done because I’m a grown man. All they need is the tracking number. Anything else is ridiculous.

2 Likes