Possible fraud BEWARE!

For whatever its worth. I use binder clips. All docs and checks are on tve binder clip. I package it at home and take a picture. Less chance of loosing docs or checks.

3 Likes

Wow! Thats not the first time I’ve heard that unfortunately :confused:

It is not fraudulent. I know who owns that signing service. Worded a bit weird, but not fraudulent

3 Likes

Thats good to know! Thank you that makes me feel alot better.
Wording is everything and I know these signing companies have to deal with some irresponsible acts by notaries, but most of us care about our work quality.
At this point the threats can be over the top and to the point where they can send red flags to those of us who arent going to take chances in these situations
no matter how slow things are right now.

1 Like

Hmm, if you lose a check, if the signers cannot stop payment and replace it, someone should. I staple all of my checks to the order and copy it. They must have had lost checks in the past. It is a general statement “regardless” if money if due or not. If money is not due it clearly has that on the CD. I would not get all up about it.

2 Likes

To me a lost check is a lost check. Whether $1k or $100k. A loss is a loss and you can be held reliable in the same manner regardless of the amount simply by accepting the job and marking it complete and successful. The value of the check is meaningless when it comes to liability and responsibility. If the deal doesn’t fund and settle, that’s what they would be suing for, and the amount of the check is already included in that.

1 Like

Definitely agree here. Wording is everything, and always look for those “red flags.” Food for thought: Confidence and comfort in what we do only enhances our “work quality.” Meaning, I always do my homework with due diligence, with the best of my ability prior to going to the client with questions or concerns. The last thing I want to do is give them the impression I don’t know what I am doing, or that their expectations aren’t clear (if I can help it). If they worded their request a little “weird” and I’m still “foggy” after doing my homework, I’m going “old fashioned” and picking up the phone. Then I follow up on any significant changes from my initial understanding to CMA.
Good post!

1 Like

Well put!
I wholeheartedly agree with your follow through! Taking peventive action is where its at👍
I’m so grateful for this platform and all the different options and perspectives!
I learned alot from this post and appreciate all the awesome information!

1 Like

As the Military saying goes, “I got your six!”

1 Like

That’s awesome! Much appreciated!

If you don’t make mistakes then it’s just a rule. I had a signer hand me a $275,000 check (made out to the Title Company) as I was walking out the door with their signed documents. Naturally, I crossed out the title company’s name and cashed it at the nearest check cashing kiosk
NOT. That just goes to show how much responsibility a signing agent must assume when they accept an assignment.

1 Like

Oh my gosh that is ridiculous WOWOWOW

1 Like

It’s not “just a rule” if somebody makes a mistake and you can’t prove it wasn’t you.

1 Like

Hi. Signing Order did not do any investigations on NotaryZoom. They never even emailed or called me. We have three years of business on their platform and they know us very well. I’ve already explained all of our procedures and policies to you when this happened. You may choose not to sign for us. That’s fine. It’s your business. But this is a very small industry and all the SS owners share notaries, the good and the bad, we are all in these forums as we are signing agents ourselves, and we all use the same verbiage for our policies that notaries must agree to. I have never legally gone after a notary for anything and I’m very fair, which is why you won’t find any complaints other than yours online :). I understand being careful but telling everyone you’re started a major investigation isn’t really truthful. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m really glad you say you run a fair business. Unfortunately, there are some SS companies that don’t.

Personally, the minute I see something sketchy or something that throws up a red flag to me, I will not touch it. That is my preference. I chose to share this particular experience I had with your company, that is also my preference to do so.

The notaries on this forum have saved me alot of wasted time and possible issues by warning of bad companies and those who are fraudulent. Thats why I am active here and take my time to post in order to share experiences
hence why its a forum. I had a questionable experience with your company, so I am going to share that. Thats what we do here.

If you don’t want to have your statements perceived to be fraudulent, this could be a great opportunity to clean up your wording so your company doesn’t appear to look that way.

Perhaps you have dealt with some bad notaries in the past, however, when you start of an interaction with language that can be considered aggressive and threating, it makes people think twice about working for your company. Some people just don’t entertain the threats and will walk away from companies that treat people this way for that reason alone.

At the end of the day, it is personal preference. Some notaries will take anything because they want the money. Some read into legal liabilities and dont wish to be a part of it. Some see the threating language itself as a deterrent to working with you, some don’t care about the threats and will work with you. Its up to the individual.

Also, if you go back to my post I never said I started a “huge investigation” . I reported it as possible fraud, they responded and said they will investigate it. I don’t work for signing agent so I dont know thier protocol is, this is simply what I was told.

Again
wording is everything.

Thank you for your response. We have scheduled over 10,000 orders in the past few years with zero legal issues or complaints. I’m confident in my business practice and legal language. Thank you for your concern though. Take care.

Thank you for your research.

I’ve had law firms send a settlement check that I was to hand over to their client after all documents were signed. I usually recommend we sign in their bank’s lobby and immediately deposit the check.

1 Like

I like that response. Yep

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.