Presentation to REALTORS

I would suggest the Realtors go over the Settlement Statement with their clients as soon as it comes in from Title so as to catch any discrepancies. Because it’s the Realtors that know what deal was made between the Buyer and Seller. Often times Realtors don’t do this and when I go over the SS with the signers they have no clue if it’s correct or not! The Realtors/Lenders should be the ones to explain the prepaids and credits also. Also, it’s helpful if the Buyers know the name of their communities reflected in the PUD Rider so they know if it’s correct or not before signing it, the Realtor should make sure they convey that info.

1 Like

All of my business is direct because of the work I have done with building relationships with so many of my local Realtors. I sent you a private message with what I say to gain that respect and I hope that will help you.

2 Likes

I heard that President Calvin Coolidge was asked to come speak to some group on the next day for 5 minutes, and he declined due to not having time to prepare. When challenged on how long it would take for only 5 minutes, he said that if had was to speak for an hour, he could do it right away. Speaking for 15 minutes, he’d need a couple of days. Speaking for only 5 minutes, he’d need a week to prepare.
He may have been joking, but I think his actual point was that to effectively communicate in a very short time requires very careful planning.
I wish you well!

1 Like

You probably already presented, but I’ll share my thoughts anyway. I think something that would bring your Realtors value would be a presentation on what they can do to diversify their business while prices are high, demand is high, inventory is low and rates are rising. Find some great tips and then share those ideas along with some commentary on the value of having an educated notary signing agent on their team as a reliably accurate and friendly closer. Hope all goes well! Love to hear how it went. Best of luck to you! Go get 'em!
Sheri

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.