Print Copy or Save to Flash Drive?

Hello! I would love any advice I can get on this, especially from some of the experienced NSA’s.

I’ve worked with signing services that have stated (in writing) they require you to print a copy of the docs for the borrower or you can save the docs to a electronic device (i.e. flash drive, disc). Has anyone ever done this? The reason I’m asking is because, of course, when I go through so much toner and paper a month, I’m looking for ways to lower my expenses. Of course, I would ask if that would be okay with the signer before hand (i.e. some may not be as tech savvy and wouldn’t know how to use it), but I just wanted to know if anyone actually used this option.

Thank you for any and all advice.

No. Do not. Because when you do, that will be the time your borrower screws up a signature or spills coffee or any of the hundred things that can go wrong, and you will need another print copy.

Just do the print.

So true! I’ve done a garage signing and my stamp started actin’ up because of the cold. I have definitely needed to go into the backup. Thank you for the reminder.

I let the signer choose. as far as mistakes, as long as its not stipulated that they will dock my pay for cross thrus I just follow that procedure. Cross out once, initial and correct. Most people just want a cpy and don’t care if its paper or digital.