Printer Recommendation

Hey, actually if you do a search on YouTube for NNA Best Mobile Apps for Notaries, they talk about best printers, scanners, and other gadgets you may find to be helpful.

Hi! I’m just getting started and was wondering what is the difference between the 6200DW and 6200DWT?

DWT can accept a second tray giving you three trays total - DW can only accommodate the one paper tray it comes with (besides the dropdown manual feed)

The DW can be expanded with the optional trays, or so I was told, but they cost $190 for the 520 capacity tray and that puts the DW well above the DWT in retail cost. I could not find a DWT locally so had to take this route, second tray hasn’t arrived yet so I’ll update if it’s not plug and play.

@signatureplease.notaryservices Yes! Laser printer only.

This is clearly identified by title/escrow companies & lenders alike as well as signing services.

As a Professional certified notary signing agent [CNSA], you want to ensure that the print on the paper doesn’t smear. The ink jet will smear. Laser doesn’t.

In addition, it’s more cost effective to print your document sets on a laser printer. :sparkles:

1 Like

I am having a problem finding a printer, everyone keeps saying they are sold out or on backorder I am so stressed over this I can’t working until I can print
 If I don’t find one soon I will be homeless as my savings are running out

I am so sorry to hear that:(. Sounds like you’re going to have to figure it out and find another way to make a living. Good luck to you.

Disregard my previous msg
it was an inkjet
did not read far enough

Try Amazon or Walmart
several co.e up on a google search for them

I was planning to buy one of these models as well but when I look up the prices for the machine what are used to cost $350 is now $850!!!

Yep, inflation, supply and demand. Worst part is they may not have the machine you need, it either sold out or back order. Thank G I have 4 printers.

I am selling my Brother dual tray and my high speed scanner. I have only done about 8 or so loan signings(so it’s barely been used) There’s plenty of work where I live, but I’m going in another direction. $800 is ridiculous! I’m in Vermont, if you’re interested, let me know.

There are two different trays the LT6500 (520 pages) and the LT5500 (250 pages). You can pick up the 5500 from CDW for about $160.00 It is worth it.

What is the model name? How much?

It is a Brother HL-L5200DW. It doesn’t look like I can upload pictures. $400. The scanner is an Epson ES-500W. $225.

How much for shipping? Not sure if need the scanner? So it’s not a DWT?

Where is it being shipped? I would have to look into that.

Texas but if it’s only a DW and not a DWT that is a huge difference. I can find the DW’s here for 260 bucks

It’s the DW with the additional tray.

Ah okay. Well thank you, but it looks like that one is available in my area for $260 brand new.

Wow!! A dual tray brother printer for $260 new- I would definitely buy it! I paid twice that for mine with dual trays. They’ve been hard to find.