PSA to newbies applying at Bancserv

I just got a rejection letter to my application to Bancserv. Their reasons include:

Ø Location

· We currently have an over saturation of notaries that are well qualified to handle the amount of work we receive in your service area

Ø Availability

· We are currently only seeking full time notaries in your service area

Ø Experience

· We are currently only seeking notaries who have more than 1 year experience with loan document signings

Ø Loan Officer/Real Estate Agent

· We are currently NOT accepting any notaries who hold an active or inactive license from the Department of Real Estate. Only notaries with expired licenses will be eligible to be in our database. All applicants are verified through state licensing records before a final decision has been made.

Ø Attorney State

· If you reside in South Carolina , Georgia or Massachusetts please note we are currently only accepting Attorney’s in our database at this time.

What I get from this is Austin is oversaturated with “qualified” notaries. The 11th largest US city is oversaturated with notaries. Really? Despite the fact I told them due to COVID that I am a full-time NSA, they are only seeking full-time notaries in the area. Is this in addition to the fact that Austin is allegedly oversaturated with NSA’s? Because I’m actually confused by that statement. Also, I am neither a Loan Officer or Real Estate Agent, and Texas is not an Attorney State.

What is comes down to is that I have less than 1 year experience in the industry. I’ve been doing this job pretty regularly for about 4 months now, and I’ve gotten really good at it.

So, if you’re a new NSA, skip applying at Bancserv. Their application site is only open on the first of the month, and you’ll automatically get rejected when you are truthful about the amount of experience you have.

2 Likes

I applied before I had any experience, and got the exact same email, minus the attorney state comment. While they didn’t say it, I figured it was my lack of experience. They were not alone; I was turned down by almost 20 of the 125 companies I tried to sign up with. Two smaller ones told me to call back after I had 100 signings. But I’ve gotten pretty regular work on the lower end of several who did take newbies. Seems to be a circle - since they pay less, they get newbies, since I’m a newbie, I get paid less. This makes sense to me. Every other job I’ve held paid newcomers less.

2 Likes

Yikes :unamused: it $ucks not having enough experience. My scenario is same as yours.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice! I was getting ready to apply Oct. 1st… you really save me time and frustration. It would help if they put 1 YEAR OF EXPERIENCE MINIMUM. It saves them time and the NSA’s time as well

1 Like

I’m glad you are going to benefit from my misfortune. Time is a precious commodity, and I’m a firm believer in using that time wisely. I’m happy to be of service. :100:

I agree, they should state somewhere in their applications page that you should have a minimum of 1 year service before applying. I could have used that time I spent applying on something that would have benefited my business now. I’m trying not to look at their rejection letter as time wasted, but rather a lesson learned.

There’s 15 weeks left in 2020. If I keep at my current pace of a minimum of 5 signings a week, I’ll go beyond 100 signings by the end of the year. This is the first week since I started NSA work that I will have done more than 5 signings in a week.

2 Likes

which companies have you had success with?

I am a new certified Notary Public. How do I get an application to apply with Bancserv LLC please?

1 Like

How do I get an application to apply with Bancserv LLC please?

Thank you for the heads up. I forgot to set my alarm to apply but have no signings yet as a newbie.

Hello; after one year from this post, I am curious to see if you decided or were able to apply successfully to Banserv. In any case, what is your experience?

Bancserv usually only takes you if they have openings in your area and 20-100 signings under your belt I just got in with them after almost an entire year but they do bend if the state you are in is high demand otherwise at least a 100 signings.Hole that helps.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community!
I’m in my second year as a Notary Public Loan Signing Agent. I applied to did Bancserv twice. The first time I did not get accepted (March 2021). They said to apply again in 6 months. So last September I applied after six months and I got in just a couple of weeks ago. I have done two signings for them.

I would say to keep at your notary game and to strive for improvement. I had the opportunity to double the cases I had worked and counted my general notarizations as well vs only counting my loan signings.

If you have yet to find the website:

https://www.bancserv.net/Notary%20Processing/NotaryLogin.aspx

All the best!

Yea it’s a bit of a challenge getting into the larger agencies like bancserv it took me a year just got on with them in 3 days I had 2 signings so far so good.

1 Like

I just applied on Bankserv to be a Fidelity notary. They referred to a Business References form… Does anyone know what that is or how to get it?

Also, You can only apply for this on the first of each month, take a test, fill out a form and take a test.

@donaldsonnp FYI: Often, it’s contingent upon background, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities that a certified notary signing agent has already amassed (i.e., as in your case) that will open doors, which won’t budge a nanometer for other “newbies.”

There are many variables to factor into the “Success” equation including those mentioned above, plus region, saturation, attorney-only states, etc.

======

This is more the norm: Service Link Fees - #29 by palinotary90272

======
NOTE: Many title/escrow companies [T/ECs] understandably require that an individual new to this industry ‘be trained’ with signing services [SSs] for 1-2 years before trusting a newbie with their clients (as errors can be quite costly). :angel:

I know just trying to give my fellow newbies some encouragement. This is definitely not a business for anyone who is not truly committed to the process.

@donaldsonnp

Yes. It’s truly a MARATHON for this type of business, not a sprint!

======
The presumption is that Notary Café members are intelligent, experienced, and are fully cognizant of their value & transferrable skills . . .

. . . while avoiding being disingenuous and/or disrespectful by always endeavoring to provide the tools/info that is helpful for self-sufficiency and simultaneously never sugar-coating, misleading, giving “false hope,” or omitting critical elements of the Success equation within this challenging business sector.

======

2 Likes

I’ve heard the same thing about Austin being saturated. I still get requests for Austin despite being 45 miles south on I-35. I refer my Austin requests to a notary who covers Austin.

I was finally able to catch the process to apply to Bankserve and passed the first part of the process. I just hope the one way interview goes well.

1 Like

Did anyone know that how long will we hear back after interview? It’s 3 business days for me.