I just got a rejection letter to my application to Bancserv. Their reasons include:
· We currently have an over saturation of notaries that are well qualified to handle the amount of work we receive in your service area
· We are currently only seeking full time notaries in your service area
· We are currently only seeking notaries who have more than 1 year experience with loan document signings
Ø Loan Officer/Real Estate Agent
· We are currently NOT accepting any notaries who hold an active or inactive license from the Department of Real Estate. Only notaries with expired licenses will be eligible to be in our database. All applicants are verified through state licensing records before a final decision has been made.
Ø Attorney State
· If you reside in South Carolina , Georgia or Massachusetts please note we are currently only accepting Attorney’s in our database at this time.
What I get from this is Austin is oversaturated with “qualified” notaries. The 11th largest US city is oversaturated with notaries. Really? Despite the fact I told them due to COVID that I am a full-time NSA, they are only seeking full-time notaries in the area. Is this in addition to the fact that Austin is allegedly oversaturated with NSA’s? Because I’m actually confused by that statement. Also, I am neither a Loan Officer or Real Estate Agent, and Texas is not an Attorney State.
What is comes down to is that I have less than 1 year experience in the industry. I’ve been doing this job pretty regularly for about 4 months now, and I’ve gotten really good at it.
So, if you’re a new NSA, skip applying at Bancserv. Their application site is only open on the first of the month, and you’ll automatically get rejected when you are truthful about the amount of experience you have.