Question on Document printing for signingorder.com

Hi all,

This is probably a stupid question but this is my first time using signingorder.com.

I got an assignment, it is just an ALTA signing because it was not included in original signing with the customer.

The document is 2 pages, when I print it as uploaded (fit to printable area), there are file numbers very small in the bottom, along with print date, etc. If I print to actual size, the file number is not there and the print is much larger and easier to read.

Which format should I have the borrower sign?

Thank you in advance!

Print in legal size and confirm that the numbers at the bottom are there and legible. Not a good idea to shrink to fit paper sizes.

3 Likes

Click the box that states “choose paper source by PDF size.” If it still comes out jacked up, then they sent it to you jacked up. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone. I just wasn’t sure if the file # needed to be on the signed document. I went ahead and printed it legal size and it came out larger with the file #. I couldn’t find “choose paper source by PDF size” must be my printer??

Its an option in your PDF viewer software you use, not your printer. If you have a dual tray printer, you have to designate which tray has legal and letter size through your printer settings. If you only have one tray, then you have to swap out paper (unfortunately).

1 Like

Thanks again for your responses. This was my first assignment. Nice that it was an easy one. I learned I need to have a better relationship with my printer and scanner. I haven’t had them long and I had a big fight with them. I won, but it took a couple rounds. I do have to hand feed legal paper, which I didn’t realize when I bought the printer. Live and learn!

Learning to use the dashboard on signing order was new for me also, it’s simple enough but I was a little stressed making sure I did everything correctly.

It’s very reassuring to have you all here to help so THANK YOU!

2 Likes

Aw, shucks, little lady. Weren’t nuthin’.

1 Like

Printing the correct size pages depends on your printer and the current iOS for Apple and the current Windows OS. Another option is to order a cable for direct connection between your PC/Laptop and your printer.

You may be able to purchase a second tray for your printer, which you would then designate for legal.

Look into getting a 2nd tray for your printer. I couldnt add a 2nd as an add on but got a used paper tray from ebay. I keep the 2nd one filled with legal paper so i can easily swap trays back and forth. I am trying to clear room in my office area for a 2nd printer with 2 trays and keep the smaller one for a back up for now.

I have noticed that the Brother HL L-5200DW has dropped significantly in price. Last year this time they were selling for almost $800 now i see them for less than $300. I bought mine from Facebook marketplace from another Notary who was leaving the business and got a great deal.

Ive been looking also. Prices dont seem to be as outrageous as they were last summer. Printers also seem to be in stock. The shortage of printers last year is how i ended up with the single tray. I have a Brother so my newer one will also be another Brother so i dont have to download new software to everything.

1 Like

I totally forgot about this post. Haven’t been on the forum in a while. I did end up getting a different printer that I am happy with, although I don’t do many loans these days and have little use for printing legal size. The pay is just horrible so I mainly focus on field inspections. I’ve gotten on with a few good companies. I’m able to set my own prices and have been doing very well, especially with commercial insurance risk inspections. A company gave me a shot even though I didn’t have any experience with insurance loss prevention and they have been supplying me with tons of work. I am getting 5-6 times the pay for the same amount of work as doing a loan signing, plus I get paid for my drive time. It is very interesting and I have been able to inspect manufacturing plants, restaurants, retail spaces, apartment complexes, contracting companies and more. Each is a little different so it keeps it exciting.

I enjoyed doing the few loan signings I did and hope some day they will pay descent enough to do more, but for now I can’t justify the time and expense of a signing for what they are willing to pay. I will keep my printer just in case though.

A year ago, I was telling everyone on this forum about inspections, most dismissed me until now. Now everyone is trying to get in on it…lol. I too have contracts and a few months made more on inspections than I did on loan signings. It’s easy money. Congratulations on your success. In my area I do insurance drive by inspections, and I often turn down the one off offers I get from other companies because I am so busy. Not much on the commercial side… but when they are offered the pay is ridiculous enough for me to reject any signings for the day that will conflict with it. I am curious what state are you in?

1 Like

I am in western Michigan, I started doing inspections just a couple months after I got my NSA. I think it was April of last year, so almost a year now. I started with just exterior inspections and letter delivery, now I do a little of everything…even solar disconnects/reconnects, some drive by but not for insurance. I have been focusing on interior inspections for appraisals and insurance commercial risk/loss prevention. I was very nervous about the insurance risk but the old saying “fake it until you make it” has been my motto and so far it’s working! lol

The risk management company that I’ve been doing work for is my favorite. They treat me very well, with respect. I’ve learned that some of the field inspection companies aren’t very respectful to their subcontractors, I stay away from them as much as possible, of course that’s a live and learn situation.

I totally understand that… I play hardball with them especially if they want me to travel outside of my coverage area… 9 out of 10 times they are so desperate they pay my requested fee…lol

1 Like