References for Title/Signing Service Applications?

Hey y’all I know its been a slow time for many and I just got into the industry looking for work anywhere I can get. I’ve tried applying to a bunch of signing services/title companies. Some I’ve been accepted, some I haven’t heard back from, and some requesting I fill out their own application and send it back to them. For the latter I’m curious should I even bother or would they only want someone with experience? The ones requesting applications are Title365, Timios, and Notary Connect. I’m highly motivated and thought I’d do it anyway, but felt out the loop when they asked for a few references. Would mentors and other notaries I’ve networked with suffice?

Well, that’s better’n leaving it blank. FWIW: going forward (if such a thing will exist at some future point in this biz) give SS SS references and TCs TC references. To give an SS a TC as a reference most likely will result in SS going after TCs business. One of the largest lenders recently said they had 8 times more notaries/zip than volume required.

3 Likes

Thank you for the response I’ll consider the whole SS/TC cross referencing thing when that time comes, but will continue applying nonetheless and that does sound like a lot. I know they say they always need notaries because of the varying hours and some notaries might be booked or too far, but I’m aware that its a bit of a down time as well. I’ve received a total of 3 signings through the signing catch app (Signature Closers) around 3:30-4:00 a.m I clicked rather quickly only to see they were no longer available, but I guess I wasn’t the only one up so early. My other concern is I’ve been receiving calls being flagged as potential spam from varying states. Now I wonder if those were in regards to possible closings (idk if its normal for signing services to be shown as spam, rather than a phone # on caller ID)

I always put down signing companies I have worked for and as for a name I put vendor relations.

This is TOTAL TRUTH, @Arichter

When a CNSA is starting out & endeavoring to wedge a toe in the proverbial door, it may seem “reasonable,” but it will carry with it a very heavy toll (losing existing clients to SSs).

:swan:

Thise 3 companies you listed may not be worth your time. Going thru hassles to get paid and ladt minute cancellations and unfrienldly communication…well you might want to move past these

Thanks for the heads up, any advice for finding work other than signing up for signing services? I’ve yet to do any signings and its been months I’ve been applying a handful each week. Some companies have never gotten back to me. I’ve considered calling/emailing local title companies, but hesitant as I haven’t done a signing though I can say I’m far more comfortable with docs and notarial acts now since I’ve had plenty of time to study.

Can’t resist … Signing up with"a handful a week" is going to get you nowhere.

Back in the day I set a goal of five contacts per day … And did it every day. Had a decent pool of clients by the first couple years.

Also listed on some good sites (some free, some not, cafe was one) that got me business.

Point is…success in this industry is about perseverence … Never giving up and being a general PIA until they FINALLY say “For God’s sakes! Send him some work and shut him up” and that’s your foot in.the door.

Never tell them you’re new…just keep on them and promise stellar customer service.

JMO and good luck!

2 Likes

I appreciate this advice and you’re right I went on a binge of applying to as many as possible but I was careful to only select companies that had okay to positive reviews and avoided the bad ones. Admittedly I’ve been commissioned for 6 months and yet to do a signing. I hear you on not telling them I’m new, but what about the ones who’s applications specifically ask how many signings I’ve done or should I follow up with those once I have some more experience?

A concern I have is an influx of calls over the past few months whos caller ID shows “potential spam”. I still don’t have a dedicated business line, but it makes me wonder if those calls were indeed from signing services. Naturally I don’t pick up when I see it marked as spam, but I’m wondering if it’s common for SS to get marked as spam.

Always answer your phone if it’s spam tell them to put you on their do not call list. Get a google voice phone number and set it up to ring to your phone.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.