Removing shoes at signer's home

Community property state? Try this: Your wife has ownership rights in this state, sir.
Therefore she has to agree to the lien securing the loan before the loan can close. Both you and your wife will be signing those documents that pertain to ownership. Documents involving the actual loan will be signed only by you.

3 Likes

#13! “I haven’t seen any of these documents yet (because you totally ignored everything sent to you during the loan process, you idiotic ass!) and I won’t sign anything I haven’t seen, so I want to read every line on every page before I sign.” Yeah. Excuse me while I pack up and depart for my next signing, buddy. Catch me once you grow up and realize you should have PAID ATTENTION to the multiple people sending you documents and calling you BEFORE I arrived.

2 Likes

The borrowers I mention, supposedly never got anything before hand to read, but I don’t buy it. The LO told us on the phone (I had to put him on speaker) that I was the 3rd person going there and for same reason they’re not signing the F* closing… “go and find yourself a TC where they would go to your house with a lawyer because I’m done with you”… long SILENCE… he hanged up

1 Like

Excellent answer Judi - “by virtue of your marriage she has a marital interest in the property and has to sign off on the mortgage, basically giving her permission for the lien to be placed on the property”.

3 times around and they didn’t get it??? They must have had fun with the rest of the docs…wow

I’d have paid money to hear that! How did you keep a straight face?

I tried my best Judi… :joy::joy::joy:
It was hilarious, because the husband Googled everything in regards to it and he was following “Google’s 2 cents of information”. I would have paid to see the Loan Originator’s face, because he really had it with those people :joy::joy::joy:

ieeeeee. And they offer us $60 jobs.

oh my goodness. wow! that is unreal. i hate taking my shoes off. I even would prefer to sign outside in a garage or outside in back yard before taking my shoes off. with COVID I actually recommend doing a signing at a table outside or in the garage. I will bring a jacket to wear too

add now getting a call while you are parking outside saying from the hubby to call the wife. call her she expalins they don’t communicate well. she tested positive for covid that day. they set up a table in garage is that okay? her son tested positive as well but her husband isnegative. um no thank you

1 Like

I tell them they need to contact the lender or Title company as I’m not an attorney an prohibited by law from offering an opinion.

I tell them its company policy for the signing agent to not remove their shoes due to insurance requirements. I’ve too many times stepped on/in something that I didn’t want to insert in my shoe at the end of the closing.

I’ve put this on the webpage’s FAQ page.

1 Like

I would have had their homeowners reimburse for any out of pocket expenses. That could have been awful if it got infected or you were a diabetic. Idea is to get the paper booties at home depot to slip over your shoes. I’ve done that for years. Sometimes the floors are really dirty and removing your shoes is gross. So fixes that!!

1 Like

I also happened to be a victim of such an accident.

Because I have flat feet, I always wear my identical air jordans 1 high shoes. These shoes make my feet absorb. And I don’t prefer to take them off if I have to walk through the long corridors of a big house. However, at that time, I was asked to take them off. I strain my feet too much, but I also got a splinter in my leg from their wooden floor, which no one bothered to paint with varnish or treat from sticking splinters, you know. It was the most unpleasant challenge of my life. I understand. Know that you are not alone. And you have the right to demand compensation for your inconvenience.