Reputation Management Companies

So if you’ve had a business for any good length of time and are on social media such as Yelp and Google, you’ll likely have experiences with pushy sales people who attempt to represent themselves as legitimate in the Reputation Management Firm industry. They will solicit by text, email or phone over a one star review of any type, it can be two, even three years old and not even have an affect on your Yelp 4.5 star rating. They are pushy and arrogant as if you need a rebound from the fall of the one star review.

They tend to be independent contractors on their own doing sales calls and scouring the Internet for leads of desparate souls wanting to maintain a high social media score. They claim they can remove bad reviews, unhide good reviews. I went to a firm’s website prior to filing a complaint with the BBB on one of their sales guys for his unwarranted contact by text without any opt out offered under “STOP” response,. I learned that they offer “fake reviews” to their customers and added that to my BBB review.

They guy answered by pasting my one star review in the BBB site. They can be very problematic to deal with to the point of wanting to harm your business so I’d highly recommending not coming across as rebellious and just get out of their attention gracefully. I filed a complaint with the FTC for text harassment because the Do Not Call list doesn’t apply to text solicitations.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.