Return shipping receipt

Perhaps a signing service representative can answer this question. What is the reason/benefit to having the notary send you a photocopy of their shipping receipt after drop off? Since you or the title company have generated the shipping label you already know the shipping company that has it and you have the tracking #. At any time you can enter the tracking information on your computer and receive every detail about the shipped package - including the time and location where it was dropped (or in the case of a box drop, when and which sorting station received it). What is the benefit of this added step? Just curious.

They want to know what time you dropped it off. It’s part of their requirement for completing a signing with them. Some systems aren’t set up to let them know immediately when it’s dropped.

Huh! You get a receipt once the item is scanned by the shipping company. If it’s been scanned, it’s in the system. Within the hour anyone with a computer/internet can enter the tracking # and see when and where the packet was dropped. (What and whose systems would not be set up for this?) And, if you dropped it in an outside drop box, you wouldn’t have a receipt to share a copy with them anyway. Since it appears 90% of all packages now require scan backs, does it really matter whether the packet was dropped at 3:00pm or 6:00 pm? I’m not understanding the logic nor the benefit. Perhaps I’m one of the few who gets annoyed by more-and-more steps, for less-and-less money, with greater opportunity for fee/opportunity-reducing penalties focused on the notary. However, I appreciate that you took the interest and time to respond.

I personally don’t mind getting or providing a receipt. It’s a cya for me. Good luck to you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.