RON Mentor

I am looking for a mentor. I am already certified in RON and have my seal. I need assistance in next few steps. Can you help me? If so, my email is camille.genovese@yahoo.com.

Good & often asked question. If you need a fast answer, try ‘search’ by clicking on the magnifying glass that magically appears when you hover your mouse over the upper right area of the brown bar at the top of this page!

VIPNotary CO just posted a veritable gold mine on this topic about 2-3 days ago.

1 Like

Everyone wants to know:

What’s the BEST KEPT SECRET of Notary CafĂ©? :zipper_mouth_face::shushing_face::no_mouth:

===> The SEARCH FUNCTION of the Notary Café database!

I’m responding as a peer (you’re a fellow Business Owner).

=> Why perform a Search of the Notary Café database before creating a new thread?

There’s a TREASURE TROVE to be found there! Happy Reading! :nerd_face::receipt:

Just left click on the nearly invisible Magnifying Glass and enter: “RON Mentor” to find lots of threads and valuable insights!

Best Wishes :swan:

Disclaimer: I’m not an expert. I am only sharing what I know from experience. This is only my opinion.
Another Disclaimer: I will not chew cabbage twice! :joy:

Nobody can mentor you. RON is state-specific. Only the companies who onboarding you for their RON notary panels can train you on how they want it done.

First I hope that you look at the list of RON providers approved by your state. Then you can decide which one you want to go with. You can either try to find Titles, lenders, or SS to bring you onboard to do RON for them or you can just create your account with your state approved providers and start searching for companies that use those particular providers and ask them to bring you on board. Good Luck.

I also hope that new notaries verify that they have been approved by their states to do RON first before they spend money on digital seal and digital certificate. IdenTrust and NNA are in the business of selling these products. They will sell them to you but you can’t do anything with them if you’re not your state approved RON notary.

Again, I repeat know your state laws on RON! It’s up to you to exercise due diligence on this subject matter.
Why am I saying that? Because companies who are bringing you onboard are in their own little world. They only know the general things that your states require. I got invited by another Title Company who sent me instructions how to get myself activated for their RON and I noticed that they forgot to ask me to do something else in addition to a digital seal and digital certificate that my state requires. If I didn’t know about this it would be a chaos!

1 Like

That seems to be the problem with RON. Nobody seems to have a clue about what they don’t know about to even ask the right questions. And if they did ask, they’d probably get a bunch of wrong answers because it is so state-specific (and apparently even those TC who do use it aren’t really up to speed either.) Receipe for chaos.

4 Likes

ROFLMAO! Good one!

Excellent point

1 Like

@VIPnotaryCO You should re-post this in the Beginner’s Category - this is a great post with good info - and include the link to your post of the providers, which was also excellent.

1 Like

Haha
 haha

Me no chew cabbage twice! :joy:

My personal experience? I have been doing this long before RON came about. Been doing signings for over 15 years and worked with just about every lender at some point, and Amrock is as close to RON as I get. Most want to stick to the hard paper/wet ink gig (even during COVID). I paid over $200 for my digital certificate and E-Signature/Seal. I never renewed after my first year. Most went hybrid, so if you have to make the trip, why not just do the whole package at that point. RON (non hybrid) is good for those who don’t want to leave home. Too much business coming from the “old fashioned” way. Hope this helps!

1 Like

It does–IF they’ll listen.

1 Like

Linda, do you do RON? If so who do you use and why?

Hi John

No, sorry, I don’t. Sorry I can’t help with that.

Thanks anyway, but why don’t you do RON?

@JohnM-FL I just don’t trust it yet 
and I’m at a point where I’m hesitant to invest any more money in my notary business; my commission expires in June and I’m tossed about whether to renew or not.

I do little to no notary work lately - I refer just about all of my calls out to other notaries or the local Mailbox Store/UPS Store or to websites to find someone in their area. My market is very different than large metro areas - people around me here in cattle/horse/dairy country don’t want to pay the $10/notarization, let alone paying me to drop everything last minute, jump in my car, go meet with them and return home. - they think it should be free. So I refer out.

3 Likes

SBT (sad, but true).

After fielding calls for a while, one can generally tell by the caller’s tone if finances are truly the stumbling block OR if they just want something for nuthin’ :rofl:

:swan:

@cNsa5 oohh
in my area it’s not just fielding the calls - people post directly on FB (in my local groups) or even ask on the phone that they’re looking for a free notary

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.