RON outlook from the Mortgage Industry

Remote online notarizations are on pace to become the next ubiquitous mortgage tool given their greater adoption since the onset of the pandemic. Lenders such as Rocket Mortgage tout they can perform e-closings in all 50 states, but some states, such as California, still require wet signatures in hybrid closings and haven’t allowed RON. Lenders like Cahan at San Diego-based Cornerstone say they’re not as bullish on RON but are still developing the technology ahead of any changes.

Ten states last year made RON closings permanent, and New York Gov. Kathy Hochul signed her state’s RON closing law last month. Firms continue to announce new partnerships with local lenders and first-ever RON closings in states like New Hampshire, and MISMO as of February had certified 20 such platforms, according to MISMO President Seth Appleton.

2 Likes

It’s the future for sure whether we like it or not. And eventually they will have their own in-house people do RON, we better start looking for something else on the side too unless you want to go sit in the law office, Title Company or lender’s office and do RON:) I am willing to do RON for them from my own home office though! :grin: It’s coming!

Good info here again. In KY however, you are not getting a deed/title without a wet signature for most counties here.

They will probably use the Hybrid closing methods in cases like that. I LOVE those!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.