RON question

Hi, I recently applied applied to become a RON in my state, but I never received approval, so I emailed the Governor’s office to inquire. They asked me to email them back, attaching my digital signature. I am very, very new to this, I am assuming they mean my secure signature from Identrust, but I have no idea of how to do this in email, or what they expect? Could someone please give me easy, step by step instructions? I don’t have office 365, so outlook seems limited. Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Every state is different. Since you haven’t given your state, it won’t be possible to answer.

When you say outlook, do you mean the web-based email you get from Microsoft? There’s the version for individuals you get at hotmail.com or outlook.live.com. There is also the online offering for companies, like outlook.office.com. Neither of these can do digital signatures with a digital certificate; only the desktop version of Office can do digital signatures with a digital certificate.

The free Adobe Reader can use your digital certificate to sign a form that somebody else created, but you can’t create a document from scratch with Adobe Reader. Adobe Acrobat can create documents from scratch and then sign them with a digital certificate.

The best approach really depends on your state, so please say which one you are in.

Unfortunately, Ashton is correct on this. Not knowing which State you are from, makes it almost impossible to answer your question, because every State is very different. Good luck to you, sir!