RON Training?

Does anyone know where I can get trained for RON (remote online notary). I’ve seen a request for one in Georgia and I would like to learn how to do it? Is there expensive equipment to buy? Please help

2 Likes

I heard NNA is offering RON training for $29?
I purchased my Digital seal/stamp and IdenTrust Digital Certificate through NNA but my RON training was through companies who invited me.

1 Like

RON is not yet allowed in my state (VT) but I’ve been looking into it.

One impression I have is that each platform is different. Training for one platform may not be much help for another platform. Also, the person or company requesting a RON signing may have already decided which platform to use, so if you’re not set up for that platform, you won’t be able to accept the assignment.

Another impression is that it can take a while to get set up for a certain platform; you may need a notary seal, digital certificate, training, and you may need to notify your state that you are using that particular platform. Since the whole point of RON is speed and convenience, you probably aren’t going to be chosen for an assignment if you aren’t already set up with a platform that is acceptable to the person or company giving out the assignment.

2 Likes

I took the RON course provided by the NNA.

6 Likes

It looks beautiful. Congratulations!

1 Like

I hope it’s not a requirement to complete RON training through NNA because I’m already doing RON closing. Yikes!

I dont think it is. I just preferred to have it under my belt just in case. I know snapdocs requires it so you can show RON as a language on your profile.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder to update my snapdocs profile! How did you feel about the training? I am on Notarize so I don’t think I need the NNA training but am curious if you thought it was helpful… also, since adding RON to your profiles have you received any signings?

1 Like

Why not add Nexsys also?

For me the training was good as I am looking to offer RON independently. I also have been trained through CxExchange. I have yet to receive a RON assignment for real estate but so have through general notary work. I originally signed up with Secured Signing for RON but that platform is expensive and not very user friendly. I’m looking for a hybrid platform but I have not spent much time looking as this is just a part time career for me.

1 Like

I have relevant training that is not from a traditional notary training organization. I wonder if it will count toward my state notary continuing education requirement; the rules for that have not been written yet.

RON is usually platform specific. NNA will give you the “basics” but you need to learn the platform(s) you plan on using as well (offered by the provider). Hope this helps!

2 Likes