Sand Castle Field Services-letter drop

I’ve been asked to do a “letter drop” and what my fee would be. Has anyone done this?

Yes. Not thru Sand Castle. It was a ‘very delinquent payment’ situation. Hope they’re not home and you can tape it to the door. They can get hostile. Been so long that I no longer remember the fee. But it isn’t very time-consuming as, when they are home, they want you gone ASAP.

1 Like

Oh shoot! That sounds like a crazy situation to me, might need some cops to go with you

1 Like

May be you never heard of this but that phone call you received is for you to perform what is a PROCTOR. FIND THE MEANING THEN IT WILL MAKE SENCE TO YOU

Proctor? Isn’t that someone who supervises an exam offsite? The “letter drop” is exactly that … Or a field chase…find the people and deliver the letter or tape it to their door. Usually chasing people who owe money … and nothing good ever comes from getting between people and their money…IMO

1 Like

The “Letter Drop” is closer to process service, without the legal weight of handling something like a subpoena or court order. This is often involves a letter that involves debt notices, pending repossessions, pending eviction notices, etc. The recipient is often not in the “mood”. Leave the engine running and wear sneakers so you can make a quick exit off the property.

6 Likes

LOL!!! Love it!! Well said

3 Likes

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your replies! I have decided not to follow through with it. My safety is important.

4 Likes

That sounds too dangerous for my profession :joy:

1 Like

I do this on my notary routes. You can negotiate your fees and I would search “field inspector” for more info as that is what the formal title is. Someone commented about taking cops, you can’t do that, nor can you have any weapons on you. It even specifically states if you are a cop, or security, to not have your badge, and again any type of weapon with you in said jobs. It’s really up to you as a person what you want to do. I’m not a person who is scared of much and I also process serve. It’s not for everyone, that’s for sure. God bless and good luck

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.