SCAM numbers

Aloha noon notaries from Sacramento, CA.
Today I received a request for notarization on YELP. After reading the request from customer Manuela F, I sent my quote. He mentioned, he has (2) witnesses included but asked me to be a witness (??Red flag to me). I did respond with an answer politely saying, I cannot be a Witness and what type of documents need notarizing. (“cricket”…) As I was waiting for a response, Some reason, I decided to check the phone number because it was a different area code and number sequence from California. I am usually aware if different area codes anyways. So!..I found out the number 406-800-4096 was from Montana AND the exact number he used. It was under "Scam victim warnings targeting elder people etc. So…I sent a message after reading. I sent. “I work with attorneys to confirm legitimacy, Shall we proceed with this transaction/request?”…Few minutes later, He said, “No I need to find a 2nd witness.” (red flag LoL) So…I did not responsd but report it immediately through Yelps moderation team. They responded asap on gmail. I appreciated this. SO!! my fellow notaries, thank you for your immediate attention to this. Have a pleasant day.

3 Likes