Scam or Not

I received this email today and wanted to see if anyone had heard of this company below…Do you think this is legit or should I delete and block them?

Support Land simplelandselling@gmail.com

We are looking for a mobile notary in Houston, Texas in the 77074 zip code. It will be a one deed signing with 1 signature. We are representing the buyer and you will meet with the seller of the property whose contact information we will provide. Andrew will send you the deed and your check in the mail. We will require a scan after signing and mail drop.

1. Are you available and if so what do you charge including priority mail postage?
  2. What is your mailing address to send the documents?
  3. What is the name you want to be written in the envelope and on the check?

Did they give a company name? Contact info besides the email?

Only thing in the email was the Support Land and the email.

http://www.simplelandselling.com

Give them a call - find out if it’s legit. No name associated with the email? as in not even a signature?

There was no number to call. Just this email is all I received.

in the link I sent - it’s their website - number top right

Thanks so much, I’m sorry I missed the link you sent. I’ll check it out!

I would Google it first

I’ve done a few like this (different companies) and have always found that the land involved is not worth much to begin with…and apparently not worth going thru a Title Co. expense for either buyer or seller.
My check always came with the o/n package as did the Sellers. Have never scanned.

4 Likes

Good to know, Arichter :+1:

I got a call from them a couple of weeks ago. They asked me if I was available to do a signing. I gave them a price quote. Didn’t hear from them for a bit, then I heard from them a few days ago with clear instructions via email. I am waiting for the loan documents to arrive this Saturday, then I am to schedule the signing with the borrower, scan the documents, then return the documents in a prepaid envelope. Payment is supposed to be included with the documents. Seems pretty legit it to me, but we’ll see!

2 Likes

Thank you Jacqueline. I would love to hear how this turns out if you wouldn’t mind updating me. This way I will know I can accept the next one.

I have gotten some that say Land VA. They ask the say questions. I ask how many pages, i got no reply. There isn’t a phone number to call them.
I am not sure how to price for postage. Any ideas?

I have had this same experience.

Check with your local USPS Office for pricing on zip code to zip code priority mail

Definitely let us know what happens throughout your process with them.

On 9/18, I received an email from Chris from Simple Land Selling with specific instructions. On 9/26, I received the USPS priority envelope with the following items mentioned in his email: 1) My payment check 2) Seller payment check 3) Deed to be notarized 4) Prepaid return postage I scheduled my appt with the borrower today 9/27. I scanned the documents back to Chris. Everything was very clear and concise. I eDeposited his check today so that’s the only thing left. If you don’t hear from me then that means it cleared!!

Hi, I know you don’t know me but, I received a letter from this company wanting to buy my property. I’ve left 3 messages and no one will call me back. They ask my pertinent info and apologize. And no one ever calls back. It’s been 3 weeks.
I wanted to know how it went for you with them? Are they legit. They have a weird paragraph that makes me leary. They want control of the property for up to 90 days in escrow after I sign and send back the document. Then they can cancel if not cleared in the 90 days. They said they would try for a 14 day window. It seems weird to me. Did you get your money? Did the sellers check clear. If you know the sellers number could you call and ask for me. I need the money but, the wording makes me nervous. See if their letter document said the same. TIA mark