Scammer alert**

Hi guys, I received this email today. Just thought I’d share.

Durrett Evans durrettevans@outlook.com
12:14 PM (8 hours ago)
to me

Hello,

I am in need of your mobile notary service. I have tentatively schedule the closing for May 13th. My clients contact information will be sent to you via secure email for security reasons. Please contact my client to schedule a time and date. Our loan documents will be emailed to you on or about May 13th. The fee authorized is $255.00

Thank you for your service,

Durrett Evans
Loan Officer - NMLS# 337895

Hunter-Kelsey of Texas, LLC

7200 N. MoPac Expressway, Ste 120

Austin, TX 78731

2 Likes

Ashley, why do you say this is a scammer? Just wondering, I’ve done business with Hunter-Kelsey and have never had any problems with them.

I called the company and verified that this was in fact a scam. The email was sent from an “outlook” account, rather than the company email. That small detail was what prompted me to call Hunter Kelsey. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

I also received this email… It is definately a scam…

2 Likes

This just happened to me 2 days ago. Same name/email and everything.

1 Like

I received this on 7/11/2023 at 11:09PM and I believe this is a scam due to the fact that NMLS# 337895 has different Loan Officer names associated with it:

Sanya David sanyadavid91@hotmail.com

Hello,

I am in need of your mobile notary service. I have tentatively scheduled the closing for July 12nd. My clients contact information will be sent to you via secure email for security reasons. Please contact my client to schedule a time and date. Our loan documents will be emailed to you on or about July 12nd. The fee authorized is $375.00

Please Note: Doc will be shared via signingorder

Thank you for your service,

Sanya F David
Loan Officer - NMLS# 337895

Hunter-Kelsey of Texas, LLC

Just do a simple google search of NMLS# 337895

1 Like

WOW CRAZY YALL :hushed: :hushed: :running_woman:t5: :running_woman:t5: :rage: :imp:

I received an email from him today. Forwarded the email to Hunter Kelsey. Offering $450. He must think we are naive. I also called Hunter Kelsey.
Please do not click on links. He states you will have customer informatión when you click on the link. Nope, we do not receive docs this way.

A lot of scammers are referring to legit businesses to make themselves look and seem plausible. Best to verify it independently with whatever firm they say they’re representing. Google the firm and try to call them.

And, as mentioned above, the email from which it originates is a huge clue. Sometimes, they get it close to be convincing, but there’s always something that gives it away.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.