Self-Discovery

Today I learned something important about myself. I’ve been asked if I would consider working for a company. You know as one of the corporate employees:) They want to meet next week to discuss it. I’ve been thinking about this for a few days now. After a careful assessment, I’ve discovered something even deeper about myself and I’ve made my decision. For the life of me I absolutely CANNOT go back to work for anybody, I CANNOT have a boss nor do I want to be someone’s boss ever again! No amount of money will make me happy to go back to work in the corporate world. NO THANK YOU. I am enjoying my freedom working as an independent NSA. Bottom line is that I LOVE being an NSA. FREEDOM! FREEDOM! FREEDOM!
Great pay and I can take off anytime I want. Freedom to choose: Who, what, when, where and how. I can choose WHO I want to work with; WHAT I want to work on; WHEN I want to do it; WHERE I want to do at: and HOW much I want to do for. No bosses, no weekly, monthly or quarterly meetings to attend.
Freedom! Freedom! Freedom.

12 Likes

Braveheart :yellow_heart:

======
Memories reverberating in my mind (of all you wrote) that I’ve been espousing for a VERY long time! => F R E E D O M!!!

======
:sparkles::hibiscus:

1 Like

I quite agree with you VIP. I left the corporate world in 1984 and never looked back, even with some really great offers that came my way. I founded and operated two thriving businesses that served the corporate world so I was still around it all the time. But I loved being my own boss and enjoyed all the freedom of choice that it affords. Becoming a notary has extended that enjoyment.

Whilst I recognize all the same problems that other notaries experience, I nonetheless cherish my freedom to act upon them as I choose. No one forces me to do this work. Just like my earlier endeavors, I make my own way and decide if I’m happy with the work, the pay, the people, etc. I do what I can I and don’t let the BS that pervades the business world today deter me.

I’ll conclude my little soapbox oratory by saying VIP is so right – it’s FREEDOM that we all should strive for. We have a Constitution and a Bill of Rights that guarantee us freedoms and defending those documents should be on all our agendas, right down to the work we choose to do. I thank the Lord every day for the freedom I served my country to defend and I am so very glad I can choose the work I do. There is, of course, a place for the corporate workplace, but there is also a place for folks like us who make their own way and prosper. I raise my glass to you all.

3 Likes

I’m proud of you for selecting freedom! The biggest compliment in the world is for someone to want you in their office environment! Keep up the good work! There is no price tag for freedom :grinning:

1 Like

I agree with you VIPnotaryCO. I have been doing this for a year now. I have no desire to work a regular job for a corporation/company. I get to select when I work and when I want to take off. I love it.

1 Like

You nailed it and THANK YOU!
I recently went through the same type of introspective thought and realized that 25 years in corporate America creates an individual who subconsciously equates their value as a contributor to society with their ability to be tethered to a desk or a time clock.
The worst lows we experience in building our notary business is still better than the BEST day spent trying to prove our worth to a corporate giant.
If we stay focused on putting our time and energy into OUR business- we still come out on top- nights and weekends optional! And take that vacation whenever you’re ready!!!
Freedom and Control! Let’s GET IT!!!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.