Servicelink Cancelled Signing

BIG BANKS have the $$ they just want the Notaries to work for nothing, which is UNFAIR. They need US just as we need them. We need a UNION to protect a working wage. Gas is $5.60 in Hawaii, food has gone way up. The price to buy a home is through the roof, but they want us to Notarize the sale for penny’s.

(CA) A union, eh? My friend, by the time even the tiniest movement towards a union could get underway, the notary business will become fully automated and most notaries will have hung up their sleeve-guards and eyeshades long before, due to lack of work. I give the notary industry about three years and all this stuff will be history. The same will happen with escrow and title. The last big layoff is happening right before our eyes and those who are losing their jobs in these affiliated industries will need to find other work because they won’t be back, most of 'em.

Remember in the old days when you went into a bank and there were 8-10 tellers waiting to take your deposit or cash your check? Now there is maybe one teller, trained to ask you “How’s your day going?” and study your one check deposit like it was $500,000 and then get a ‘supervisor’ to come to the window and start the process all over again, wasting your precious time. ATMs now do the dirty work and we’re all better for it, wouldn’t you agree?

Do you see an analogy here? When title/escrow figures out how to automate the notarization process (and they’re feverishly working on it right NOW), they’ll rush it through the state legislatures and it’ll make the latest innovation, RON, look like gas-powered cars - nearing obsolescence. Notary work will be reduced to a little GNW and most of that will be handled remotely by FedEx/UPS or the next great innovator who develops a system for accomplishing the job electronically. The Elon Musk of notary, if you will. Make your money while the sun still shines.

Or, maybe I’m wrong.

2 Likes

You are so right, the sun is still shining through a few clouds here and there, but you really have to work at it to get a good fee, and steady/slow work, and in the long run spending a lot more money chasing, than catching, even if multiple Direct Title Approved…the more I research all the threads, the more good historical good paying companies are often now not so much anymore, and/or closing one by one. Everybody please stop taking 60-75-85… signings…you have to have to draw a line, or bow out, it’s inevitable it will only work a little while longer at these levels, unless you are stacking several every day on top of another P/T to F/T job, and I don’t believe that is happening anymore.
Maybe I am wrong too?

1 Like

@bruce.inspirations Concur :100: percent! Each Professional Signing Agent [PSA]/Business Owner has the onus upon them, in the current downturned economy, to investigate & vet each client on a per signing basis . . . Long gone are the days that once you vetted a client your research work was complete.

:swan: