Servicelink Cancelled Signing

Servicelink assigned a refi appointment to me and sent notice 3 days later that it had been cancelled. I received a call from the borrower to ask why another notary was doing her signing. She had taken comfort in the fact that a female was coming to her house as she lives alone. I was surprised at the unprofessional conduct from a signing service. To my knowledge my record is clean. Are they shopping rates and found someone cheap?

NC Closer

3 Likes

Yep. (have to have 20 characters to post)

2 Likes

That company is well-known for those tactics. As has been expressed recently (and regularly), loyalty is a very rare commodity in this business. Sorry this happened to you. :angel::pray::yellow_heart:

4 Likes

I’m sure if I got offered a better paying assignment and canceled on them, they would never use me again.
NC Closer

3 Likes

It may be helpful to make of list of the companies that utilize these ‘tactics’ and then code them in your phone contacts list so you can decide when the call comes in whether or not to avoid their calls/texts then & in the future. :tulip:

6 Likes

I think it was double booked by two signing services and the Title company chose the other.

1 Like

I refuse all requests from ServiceLink due to their refusal to accept communications from notaries yet they have no problem calling us. Also Exos is the worst portal out there in my humble opinion. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This used to be one of my top clients to work for then their fees dropped drastically then they went with assigning closings without knowing availability to take assignment and then the no communication. Now if they want me they call and meet my fees but that is very rare because agents are willing to work for them

4 Likes

I experienced the same thing. I spoke with Servicelink’s vendor management department and they informed me Notaries called in April of this year, when signings slowed, to lower their rates to $75. I just can’t justify driving around Middle TN for that low fee.

4 Likes

Don’t work with them at all unless they call me…at which point I know they’re desperate & will pay my fee with no problem. I usually add $15 - $25 to my standard fee due to all their ‘issues’. Really don’t like working with them at all, but $ is $.

7 Likes

I do business with them, the work is steady. Average 4-5 a week at $85 a pop, 99 percent of the time it’s within a 30 minute drive. Average package 125 pages. Average time to sign 35 minutes, 99 percent of time it’s sign and drop, end up grossing $78 for 2 and a half hours start to finish after gas toner and paper… and they pay like clockwork twice a month … not a big player like a lot of you, only been at this gig for 4 months , but everyone starts the journey somewhere…

4 Likes

Same thing was done to me a week ago, yes they are shopping for folks that are taking $80, which is insane!

2 Likes

dfrederick, I think you need to rethink your expenses. The $7 dollars you are allotting for expenses barely cover your gas, let alone printing at 125 pages x 2, the time to print, to drive, to complete the closing itself, taxes, insurance both E & O and car, your training, your continuing education, office supplies…I could go on. Please don’t sell yourself cheap.

NC Closer

4 Likes

Yeah, you have a point there, but it’s like I said, everybody has to start somewhere, if I listened to everyone about how they wouldn’t start the car for anything under a $100, I’d never get work unless I went the direct route…
I got into this gig for the freedom it provided not to make $100,000 a year

2 Likes

Working more isn’t working smarter it is working harder. You gotta gradually increase your fees when you get better.

1 Like

They have for sure done this to me and their vendor management is rude. There was one time when they didn’t get time the documents on time and I reassigned the order for no documents they sent em to me mad late, after I started my route for the day. I had to go back to my house print them and go back out, when it woulda easily fit into my route if they woulda been on time. They were giving me hit about increasing the fee to 150 for 100. After that I didn’t get signings for like a month. I had to email them and ask if I was still active. These people have the nerve to say my fee is too high and I the average in my area. Is $80. I do not like that company but again $ is $. There a a few companies I hate like premium closing solutions is unorganized, c2c lowballs, service link will reassigned the order and cancel on you, beware the closer location they are not pay you, neither will satellite signing. There are sooo many bad services then you realize the title companies are paying them like $175 for them to find us just for them to take 50% or more and we do ALL THE WORK. I am trying to change industries and pick up some RON signings.

1 Like

I honestly believe the SS continued to look for a notary who didn’t charge as much, and when they found one they gave them the job. I had a borrower call me to let me know another notary was assigned to them and to check to see what is going on. When I called the SS, they told me the order was cancelled. Lies.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This has happened to me a few times, and this is exactly the reason I will cancel on them if I get a signing for more money/closer/less work. I have learned the SS will replace me in a heartbeat, and I in turn will replace them - there is no loyalty.

3 Likes

I just had my second one with them cancelled under 4hrs before the appt. I’m not loving their customer service lately.

I agree. I have a list of SS, TCs, and lenders that are tired according to the PIA Factor. (PIA = Pain In the Axx)

I always take closings from my premium clients. The further down the list the fewer assignments I take. I will only take assignments from the bottom is I have nothing scheduled.

1 Like

Wow, I just started working with them, that’s really concerning : (