Setting Fees for Loan Signings and Mobile Services

I hope you are all doing well! I am writing to seek some advice regarding setting fees for loan signings and mobile services in the Broward County area of Florida, specifically in Coral Springs.

Recently, I have been receiving a lot of direct client inquiries, and title companies are also asking about my fees for loan signings. I want to ensure that I am charging a reasonable fee that can compete with others in the market while still allowing me to turn a profit. However, I’m not quite sure what the standard fees are for various loan types and mobile services in our region.

Here are a few specific questions I have:

1. Loan Signing Fees: What are the typical fees I should charge for loan signings for different types of loans? (e.g., Refinance, Purchase, HELOC, Reverse Mortgage, etc.)
  2. Mobile Service Fee: What is the standard fee to charge per mile for offering mobile services to clients? Since Broward County is spread out, mobile services are crucial, and I want to charge a fair amount for this convenience.
  3. Printing Document Fee: Is there a standard fee for having to print loan documents? Many clients prefer physical copies, and I want to ensure I cover my expenses for ink, paper, and other materials.
  4. Scanning or Postal Office Fee: What is the typical fee for having to scan back signed documents or drop them off at the postal office? This cost might vary depending on the client’s preference.

Any advice, insights, or experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated. I believe that collective wisdom from experienced individuals like yourselves can help me set fair and competitive fees that work for both my clients and me. My aim is to provide excellent service while maintaining a profitable business.

Thank you so much for your time and support. I look forward to reading your valuable input!

Best regards,

Collin Drew Katz

Legal Services Solutions LLC
www.legalservicessolutions.comstrong text
collin@legalservicessolutions.com
954-871-4222

Additionally, I’m wondering if I should charge the same fees for Remote Online Notary (RON) loan signings as I do for in-person signings.

Collin, There are no “standard” fees for what we do. You’ll have to analyze your costs of doing business, factor in the amount to profits you need to make to determine what to charge.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.