Signing Service Fee Question

Hello, I am trying to list my business on as many Signing Service lists as possible to gain experience. One question I have found on multiple sites are my asking fees. One sites instructions specifically says “these are your typical fees you ask for signing jobs”. This is confusing to me. Should I list the price that I would typically ask if dealing directly with a title agency or my minimum acceptable price for a signing agency. I realize that these prices would be very different from each other and I dont want to miss out on opportunities because I listed the incorrect fee. Thank you all for your help in this matter.

I don’t think it matters at all as they never seem to take ‘your’ fee into consideration anyway.
I routinely receive $30-60 lowball offers when ‘my stated fee’ is double, triple, quadruple their offer. Just for kicks & giggles, try 10, 15, 20 ‘stated fees’ and see what that does. (Nothing, imho). In the highly unlikely event that you then get bombarded with offers…oopsie, there’s supposed to be a zero at the end. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Thank you very much for that. I received an offer just yesterday for $35. I had to respectfully decline :slight_smile:

1 Like

I live in IL and a notary for 3 yrs during covid business was booming interest rates was low there was not a lot of notaries willing to take the risk the demand was high and the pay was good $100-$150 or more now $30-$100 the the number of notaries have increased GREATLY that being said interest rate is high not as many ref, seller, buyers etc Most jobs don’t pays til 30-45 days so don’t expect to get paid immediately. So its not just the new notaries the old ones (me) are’t getting as many signing either. So as Arichter stated if really doesn’t matter I have higher fees and still get low ball offers.

2 Likes

IMHO, determine what you need/want to be paid for each type of signing and set your fee, no matter WHO the hiring party is. As long as they meet your fee and pay, it shouldn’t matter.

When I set up my business my fees were my fees - title or SS, no matter. My minimum fee for a loan signing was $125 (started in 2006 here in FL and I got that fee - without scanbacks, babysitting and all the rest of the garbage). That was my fee for title or SS - the job is the same no matter who - in fact, direct from title is probably easier because (a) easier (usually) to get paid; and (b) less handholding.

Set your fee and that’s it.

JMO

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your input. I am so glad that I found Notary Cafe. These forums have given me great feedback and much needed information.

@nbell You may find my post helpful . . . :peach:

:swan:

Welcome to Notary Cafe, I seems most signing services want us to do charity work because it seems like we a footing the bill for the agency to get paid. I dont know what made signing agents think they could profit accepting $70 fees for 150 + page closings and scans then shipping docs. We are very nice people to do all this work so the signing agency walk away with a $200 plus profit from all of our work.

3 Likes

Agreed. Let’s all start a trend called “I’m not leaving the house for under $__” ( I want to say $100) Or
if every notary ups the fee they would normally settle for by $15 dollars. Every little bit counts.

I have already started, we all have to evaluate what is good for our business. Working for free all the time is never a good move.

2 Likes

@AssistPros Congrats. Excellent decision. :owl::sparkles: At times like these (within this business sector) it’s important to be confident in the valuable professional services you provide to your clients.

:swan:

1 Like

Question? What’s better, one $50 loan signing a day or one “direct” $250 loan signing a week. Keeping in mind each $50 assignments is probably costing $20+ in expenses. Well it’s nice to get a little check in your mailbox every day so maybe the daily $50 is your preference.

Most of you reading this will set your fees at $100-125 so you never get the $250 call. Some are even satisfied with $65. Those individuals are living with a breadwinner who will babysit the kids so mom can work her little business.

I’ve found that touting experience and not stating my fees has worked for me.

2 Likes

$50 loan signing?!? NO! Maybe a deed only signing that is right next door but not a loan signing!!

Very good advice. I am attempting to go the route of the $250 loan signings by interacting with local title and escrow companies. In the meantime I have been receiving a number of HELOC signings from the platforms, however I am declining most of them. I want to have a profitable business and the $65 bones that these companies attempt to throw out are not going to cut it. Ive even been given a $35 offer!!

1 Like

How do you get direct signings? I haven’t received anything from SS. Please help.

Short answer? Direct market.,…again and again and again, over and over and over. As a business owner, marketing is a non-stop business task.

3 Likes

Okay! I signed up for every signing service also to get my foot in the door!!