Signing Service: The Closer LLC

That’s great that your keeping track of your payments.

Yes, 5 invoices from August 2021. It’s October. I informed them that they had until Wednesday to pay or I accrue late fees that are technically already due. It’s Thursday. I informed them that On Friday I will be contacting the Title companies and lenders to inform them that I will be placing Affidavit of Financial Interest of the Notary on file at each Recorders office. This will invalidate the Deeds of Trust. I charge $25 per month after the first 45 days from signing date in late fees. I also charge $750 per invoice for filing the Affidavit of Financial Interest of the Notary. I also apply all payments to late and legal fees before application to the original notary fees. This way the notary fees is outstanding until the entire matter is paid for. And, yes, I do collect. Fortunately deadbeats like The Closer LLC are few and far between.

Title companies usually make sure notaries are paid since they are responsible for making sure the lien on the property is secure. Once the Notary has financial interest the Deed of Trust, or Mortgage, are worth toilet paper, ok. less than toilet paper.

1 Like

Christy, the issue is they treat you well until they don’t. I worked for them for months until they just stopped paying. Just stopped. No issue, no correspondence, nothing. Just stopped paying. Looks like I’m not the only one.

I’ve put two signing companies out of business because of the same type of crap. Lets see how long it takes for The Closer, LLC to close it’s doors too.

Title companies and lenders can’t afford to do business with companies who don’t pay the notaries. By court order notaries have to be paid or a financial interest exists. If a financial interest is created by The Closer, LLC, the lenders and title are screwed.

I’m about to do the same to 1st Choice Notary Services. I have an invoice that’s 2 months past due.
Thank you for your advice.