Signing services making money

Is anyone making money with signing services right now? Real good money or is everything on the decline?

1 Like

The signing service I am most closely associated with (whose name I shall not disclose for selfish reasons, sorry) uses me consistently and pays well and timely. I have a great relationship with them and plan to keep it that way. I hope that answers your question.

4 Likes

I signed up with a bunch of signing services when I first started but only used to get offers from two on a regular basis. The notifications / assignments are far and few right now and only from the companies that I am preferred with. 90% of my work is direct with Title companies.

1 Like

I don’t know what state you live in, but it’s been pretty quiet on my end as loan signings go. I live on the outskirts of NYC. Most offers that came my way through signing agencies this year didn’t offer enough to cover costs. I would recommend going direct to title companies that operate near you.

2 Likes

1st - real good money is a question based on “what you call good money”, as that can differ for each person for various reasons.
2nd - I have noticed signing services backing down on their fee offerings to contract notaries due to the current slowdown this past year, and will probably continue to happen.

1 Like

Money is always good, all kind of money, dollars,euros, pesos, even bitcoin,The problem is to get it and how you get it, in the Notary Signing Business right now is very, very hard to get, you can see NSA’s with lot’s of big banking and real estate experience, 20 or more years of it, now chasing home inspections and all kind of chattel in the Notary business, how sad…

Holding back the signing company is a bit selfish you can learn to use that company to give you referrals, and then when they send you something you can not do spin it off to another notary you trust and get a referral fee. I have been doing this since I started and I get $50-$125 for just referring the notary.

4 Likes

Just answering her question.

1 Like

I get nothing for referring a notary except a warning that I better not subcontract my signings without clearing it with Title first. I don’t know where you are located Johnnie but certain strategies work only where there is demand but little supply. Once you refer a notary, don’t they just book directly next time?

I find the signings have slowed down considerably along with the prices. Maybe it is a domino effect in which interest rates are rsiing up and less borrowers willing to take a chance. As far as the signing companies go, the fee offers have also declined. I would love to see set industry pricing in which these companies charge all the same. Hopefully that may eliminate the low ball offers which some companies do.

Boy, I don’t know what planet you’re on. SS’s are only paying $100 for the signing…how can they pay you up to $125 just for a referral?

I live on Jupiter and the signings I get all pay $100 or more. Occasionally, I see a few of the biggie outfits send across jobs for $30 (got two today for HELOCs) and a flush 'em like the ***** they are. My good signing services know me and pay me like a professional for which I am very grateful, especially in these difficult times.
I curiously have never received a referral job. A good friend who is a notary sometimes sends me GNW jobs she cannot take and I bill at my usual rate and often cut her in for a piece. I send her jobs I cannot do and expect no remuneration in return.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.