Signingorder.com your fees?

What do you have listed for YOUR fees? I have experience with seller signings, New Build buyer signings(D.R. Horton homes), Loan Mods, and VA Loans, so there are still plenty I have not come across yet. I don’t want to under price my fees…
Loan Signing:
Full Purchase:
Reverse Mtg.:
Extra for EDOCS:
Loan Application:
Cash Deal:

Doesn’t matter to SO what you’ve posted as ‘your fees’. We ALL get the same way too low offers.

1 Like

I agree! My fees are higher than many in the area I know, but yikes I still see them come through $40 for a Refi w/scans.

I’m further out in a county and my radius is larger. I keep it higher so I don’t have to accomodate my budget for a closing 50 miles away versus 5. Lately most appointments are out of my coverage area, but I do get the expedited appointment approved usually.

1 Like

NOPE. Just figure it out on your own what it cost YOU to do the signing and then decide what to charge on your own. Everyone must decide their own prices. We cannot collude and set prices – that is called PRICE FIXING and is prohibited by the Federal Trade Commission.

@shawnadc Here is a thread that will give you some insights into creating your own Schedule of Fees for the professional services you provide:

NOTE: If you serve multiple counties, it is in your best interest to create an Excel Spreadsheet (or similar brand) that will delineate your fees distributed across various counties.

I created one years ago upon the suggestion of a business colleague & it has been truly a treasure. It’s an easy reference once you memorize the locales within various counties & gives you quick answers to Accept/Reject (or counter-offer) the fee presented . . .

:swan:

1 Like

Don’t worry, I don’t plan on price fixing, especially since I am asking on a national forum and I don’t know any local notaries…

1 Like

Yes, you are posting your pricing question which will be read by thousands on a public forum – that is very much my point. Please read the FTC link I shared with you.

I stressed over this when I first created a profile with them too. Don’t. Nobody looks at your choice of fees. You could put $500 in every spot, or $2 in every spot, and it would make no difference.

1 Like

figure $50/hour or whatever your time is worth
list $100 plus for everything
imo they don’t look at the fees anyway

the signing companies seem to do just that
shop for the cheapest fee.
who protects us to be able to charge a fair fee we can survive on, or one that’s fair for the signing at hand.

A reasonable question, Francis. If you are a member of a notary association such as National Notary Association www.NationalNotary.org, you could contact them to request advocacy. Other than that, each independent contractor is on his/her own.